1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just received a PSA carbon steel frame. I'm looking forward to the challenge but also excited to try something new. This will be my first ever attempt at building a 1911. I'm looking for a finished gun better quality than a cheapie but not something over $1000, if i can help it. I'm also not looking to go crazy with it, like MosinVirus. I'm going to keep the modifications and metal work to a minimum for my first go at it.

I am looking for info about a few things:

- For my first 1911 build, are there any words of wisdom before i get started?
- Should I just start off with one of these complete parts kits from Metro arms, Sarco, wilsom combat, nighthawk custom or other?
- If not, what retailers should i use to source parts individually? (already know about brownells and midway)
- Should i first start my search for the slide i want before anything else? (I like the dual tone steel frame color and black slide look but unsure if i'll need to modify the slide, if its worth it to buy already blued/parkerized/cerakote)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts

·
1911 'TIL DEATH DO US PART
24,099 Posts
Anyone we know????
Not sure if you are referring to the gunsmithing or the car in the ditch.
If it's the car I posted it because of the screen name of the OP the WRX is a car and wheelman would imply he's a driver. So I thought the picture fit.

Now if you are referring to which gunsmith then I would have to stay neutral and say they all have talent and share it here. Most anything you want to know has been covered in that sub section.

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Not sure if you are referring to the gunsmithing or the car in the ditch.
If it's the car I posted it because of the screen name of the OP the WRX is a car and wheelman would imply he's a driver. So I thought the picture fit.

Now if you are referring to which gunsmith then I would have to stay neutral and say they all have talent and share it here. Most anything you want to know has been covered in that sub section.
I was referring to the driver of the car. And I agree, all of the gunsmiths on this site are great!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts