1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started innocently enough. During the 2021 holiday season a couple of the big box stores had a deal on Kimber LW Night Patrol so on a whim I picked one up. Loved it. Quickly accumulated 4, all Kimbers of various sizes, all 45 acp.

I sold the light weight as I didn’t like shooting it as much as the steel frame ones. I also didn’t like the speed at which the cerakote was wearing off the frame.

I will say that none ever gave me problems and I had decided on a plan. Procure all 3 45 acp Stainless II models and get all 3 custom II in 9mm and two tone. Then I found a 2002 Wilson Combat CQB 45acp at a lgs. The 3 Kimbers I had left were quickly traded.

I currently have the WC, 1982 Colt mark 4 series 70 9mm, a recent (possibly this year)Colt 38 super traditional classic and a Wiley Clapp Light Weight Commander 45acp. The 38 super was the only bnib.

Thats all for now.
Good night.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
It started innocently enough. During the 2021 holiday season a couple of the big box stores had a deal on Kimber LW Night Patrol so on a whim I picked one up. Loved it. Quickly accumulated 4, all Kimbers of various sizes, all 45 acp.

I sold the light weight as I didn’t like shooting it as much as the steel frame ones. I also didn’t like the speed at which the cerakote was wearing off the frame.

I will say that none ever gave me problems and I had decided on a plan. Procure all 3 45 acp Stainless II models and get all 3 custom II in 9mm and two tone. Then I found a 2002 Wilson Combat CQB 45acp at a lgs. The 3 Kimbers I had left were quickly traded.

I currently have the WC, 1982 Colt mark 4 series 70 9mm, a recent (possibly this year)Colt 38 super traditional classic and a Wiley Clapp Light Weight Commander 45acp. The 38 super was the only bnib.

Thats all for now.
Good night.
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts