1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What level of polish are you taking that to? I have one with slightly polished DLC flats and it’s only polished to 320 grit. Curious to know how much higher that that you’re going.
15,000 Last one prior to this was 7,000 I wasn't sure if there would be a drop off point, but this one much shinier then the 7000 grit..

·
Registered
201 Posts
High polished DLC Straight out of the wrapper.. I love this color just before oil...
The black color striping I'm seeing looks awesome; almost zebra like! I can only imagine what the finished gun might look like. Does it maybe have white pearl or stag horn grips in its future???I

Do you have a picture of one you've finished earlier? I'm a SS guy, but this coloring makes me think it could be amazing when finished?!?!
I can see why you love the look!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The black color striping I'm seeing looks awesome; almost zebra like! I can only imagine what the finished gun might look like. Does it maybe have white pearl or stag horn grips in its future???I

Do you have a picture of one you've finished earlier? I'm a SS guy, but this coloring makes me think it could be amazing when finished?!?!
I can see why you love the look!
Buck, not trying to answer for Steve here, but those stripes are not the actual finish. You are seeing a reflection of Steve’s striped shirt on the dlc. This finish is literally a black mirror bud. It’s polished that much.

·
Premium Member
8,135 Posts
Yep................. thats whut I'm talkin bout rite ther.

Reactions: Integrity Arms
1 - 20 of 107 Posts