1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Highfiguregrips Jon can you make another set of these? Didn't see them on your website but exactly what i was looking for to put on my Les.
I found some suitable Ebony material. I will order it today. Just checking to make sure. Double Diamonds with a bevel and pincut for the Les Baer full size. Matte oil finish. Price would be 184.95.

Let me know if that is agreeable and I will commence.

Thank you!
Jon

·
Turgid member
523 Posts
Jon, if it suites you and you can find the time could you give us a few tips on the care and feeding of your grips?
Thanks.

Reactions: Highfiguregrips

·
Vendor
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jon, if it suites you and you can find the time could you give us a few tips on the care and feeding of your grips?
Thanks.
Hello,

The care and feeding, I like that.

Regarding any matte oil grips, after a while they may seem to lose some of their luster. Very simply, wipe on some Boiled Linseed Oil. Let it sit for 5 minutes. If you have a checkered pair, make sure to work it into the checkering. Then wipe them off. They will look like the day they were purchased.

As for any semi gloss grips, fine scratches can be buffed out using up to 3000 grit and then finished on a soft felt buffing wheel. Deep scratches would need to be refinished.

If doing a full cleanup on your pistol, it is a good idea to remove the grips. There is a chance some solvents would hurt the finish and absorb into the grips.

Thank you!

Jon

·
Turgid member
523 Posts
Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts