1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Turgid member
568 Posts
I just emailed you about the Cocobolo double diamond magwell #17 grips.
Could you bother to post an image of them here? I want to see if other members think they are as nice as I think they might be.
That and I want to see what they look like compared to the Ironwood Burl set.
P.S. I have first dibbs on the double diamonds. (I hope)

Reactions: Highfiguregrips

·
Vendor
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just emailed you about the Cocobolo double diamond magwell #17 grips.
Could you bother to post an image of them here? I want to see if other members think they are as nice as I think they might be.
That and I want to see what they look like compared to the Ironwood Burl set.
P.S. I have first dibbs. (I hope)
I will get you some photos on here first thing in the morning.

Thanks!

Jon

·
Turgid member
568 Posts
HighFigureGrips will post an image of Cocobolo double diamond grips and I want honest opinions of their suitability for a black gun and your opinion of pin cuts on double diamond magwell grips. I need honest, brutal opinions. I fear pin cuts may look stupid on high end double diamond grips. Hit me with your best shot.
Should I run with the stock stocks and save the sweet double diamonds for a future blue Alchemy or Chambers Workin' Man gun?
Here is the black gun.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
OK, here's the thing. I've been wanting a nice blue 1911 to show off some special grips.
My plan went sideways when I made an alcohol fueled impulse buy of a nice black SA Pro 1911. I want something that will look great on a black gun as well as a potential polished blue 1911. I may have found those special grips but I need honest brutal opinions. I fear pin cuts may look stupid on high end double diamond grips. Hit me with your best shot.
Should I run with the stock stocks and save the sweet double diamonds for an Alchamy or Chanbers Workin Man gun.
Here is the gun.

FYI
This is a for sale ad not a discussion thread

·
Turgid member
568 Posts
FYI
This is a for sale ad not a discussion thread

I'm not just window shopping here and I streamlined my wordy post above. I hope you give me an opinion on the questions I asked.
Thanks

·
SHEEPLE HERDER
1,649 Posts
I'm not just window shopping here and I streamlined my wordy post above. I hope you give me an opinion on the questions I asked.
Thanks
Beveled bottom, no pin cut.

Reactions: Autonomous

·
Turgid member
568 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. No pin cut but the Pro has a magwell so no bevel.
They really wake up an otherwise plain pistol.
From this:

To this:

I'll take 'em!

·
Turgid member
568 Posts
HFG, my wife is asking if I'm ready for my Dr. appointment. I'm not. I gotta run but with your permission I'll send details and payment for those Cocobolo DD #17 grips when I get back from town.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts