1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I find self not hitting the local GR as much as I should....probably for a number of reasons. Some being following WA State Health Guidelines. I'm retired and financially secure (for now.....lol). Went only once about a wk ago. Figure if my grandchild is on hiatus from school until at least April 24th I probably need to stay home from the range until then as well. BUT, not going isn't helping my accuracy any. My GC is indoor and well ventilated. I think there are 10 lanes. They have cut back hours of operation but are still open almost daily. I live in a suburban neighborhood so no backyard plinking.Have only ventured out once for groceries about 1 week ago. So am home doing healthy prophylactic distancing. So am curious if others in similar situations are still including trips to the range as part of their routine or not. I'm probably going to set up home delivery for future food necessities. I'm twixt and torn......

·
just one more
656 Posts
Why not go. Most ranges allow for even demand separation from others. CDC says 6 ft is Recommended to reduce risk. If they are open, I’d be going.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,009 Posts
The HVAC systems at gun ranges pull particulates forward- not pushed forward from the rear. This keeps lead contamination to a bare minimum.
Of all public places to go, I have to assume an indoor gun range would be the least likely place to get the virus. Unless you're just fond of licking the dividers between lanes. Then, we have a whole other issue to discuss.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I'm still shooting. The only thing that's curtailed the amout I shoot is the current ammo shortage. Yeah, I know. I need to start reloading...

As others have said, indoor ranges have good ventilation and you're well separated from everyone else. Outdoor ranges are even safer.

I'm also still getting out to state parks and forests to go hiking. I find have to get a good hike in at least once a week to stay sane.

If you want to stay at home, there is always dry fire practice.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,043 Posts
I haven't been because it's a mad-house in AZ with the flood of new people that are shooting a gun for the first time. I may do member only hours Saturday morning and just get some drills in and get out of there.

·
JMB fan
564 Posts
I live in a small, semi-rural area. I have a buddy a mile away that has a small backyard pistol range. My son and I have been going over once per week. My buddy and his wife are cool with us coming over anytime, whether they are there or not. His parents have a farm 2 miles from me with several small gravel & sand pits. As soon as the rest of our snow goes and I can get in, we're welcome to go there anytime. We are fortunate!!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Shot at the range indoors sat and sun. Went outdoors Tuesday.
Wife has some problems with lungs/heart issues and she went with me and she shot also.
Not going to be stupid but not stopping our lives either.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I called my usual range today to see how busy they’ve been with all the kooks panic buying. They said swamped. When I asked how many of those people are new to guns panic buyers he said most of them.

No thank you. I’m not getting shot by some idiot who doesn’t know proper gun safety and can barely hit the broad side of a barn.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Local rental range says busy. Not but four cars in front but it was 11:30 on a weekday.
Nearest outdoor range sparse to empty, except me and a friend trying to straighten out his PCC.

·
Beretta Fanatic
1,070 Posts
I decided NOT to go shoot for now. I like to go to an indoor range with 9 lanes. But there is a lot of airflow in that area (fans running). Ya still gotta pass people as they shoot, to get to your lane. Or, they pass you as you shoot. And, they are like 1-2 feet away as they pass, usually. I decided to just skip it totally for now. Outdoors would be better

·
Registered
381 Posts
The indoor range is closed. All matches have been cancelled. I go to an outdoor range. Last time the wife and I were the only ones there. It was 40*s and a week day. We usually shoot 2 matches a week and practice at least once. Its a let down.

David

1 - 20 of 92 Posts