1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

I’m curious to see if anyone here owns and carries the HK45 Compact.
I’ve been interested in this pistol for a long time and have tried to trade into one a couple times at Bud’s Gunshop but was unsuccessful. Everything I’ve read and saw on them was positive. HK does have that reputation for quality stuff. Of course I also like their P30sk too. Heck, what DON’T I like would be the easier question.

Anyway, I’d like to hear your thoughts on them, if you don’t mind sharing them.

Than you
Larry

·
I like this place !
697 Posts
I had one for years, carried it and really liked it. All the HK’s I’ve owned were the LEM trigger action, which I think is perfect for a carry pistol. Currently, I’m carrying a HK P2000SK, 9mm, LEM of course, nice size, I carry IWB in a Milt Sparks VM ll.

I’ve checked out the P30SK but to me it’s a little clunky for a carry pistol, and similar enough to the P2000SK that it didn’t make sense for me to pick up. However, if it’s your first HK for carry, go for it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
In for the info. I’ve been thinking about one of these as well.

Reactions: removed

·
Registered
162 Posts
I used to have an HK USP compact 45. It was a very accurate shooter and recoiled less than most 9mm I’ve shot. I got a Dan Wesson Vbob and ended up preferring the trigger and slimmer profile for carry and moved on. There is nothing bad I could say about that gun though.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I had one and carried it for some time, great pistol, reliable as all get out. Traded it off when I consolidated/downsized. I prefered the magazine flat floor plates for CCW, carried it in a Galco Summer comfort, thought it shot softer then the full-size, Only drawback Mags are expensive.
Mine was the (light)LEM model, Nice thing with the HK45c is pricing has reduced some, HKs can be addicting

Just wanted to add There’s another serious contender out there for CCW in .45acp
The S&W shield, It can be had for less cash but not as softer shooter as the HK
Mags are cheaper also.
But for a good all around .45 pistol the HK 45c or USPC 45 Are really tough to beat, if I fell in to a nice HK 2tone uspc 45 it would probably be my new go to CCW.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Have a HK 45C and a P2000SK. Both flawless shooters. In my opinion there is just something about a H&K. They can become habit forming.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I Have a HK 45c LEM and it carries very well in a Raven concealment OWB holster. Holds nice and tight to your body. Can't go wrong with an HK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts