HK45c....Anyone Own and Carry One?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Nalajr, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Nalajr

Nalajr Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Hey all.

I’m curious to see if anyone here owns and carries the HK45 Compact.
    I’ve been interested in this pistol for a long time and have tried to trade into one a couple times at Bud’s Gunshop but was unsuccessful. Everything I’ve read and saw on them was positive. HK does have that reputation for quality stuff. Of course I also like their P30sk too. Heck, what DON’T I like would be the easier question.

Anyway, I’d like to hear your thoughts on them, if you don’t mind sharing them.

Than you
    Larry

ImperialBlade likes this.
  2. FaaWrenchBender

FaaWrenchBender Active Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I do own an HK 45C and carry it often.

3. Ohio

Ohio I like this place !

Mar 22, 2018
    I had one for years, carried it and really liked it. All the HK’s I’ve owned were the LEM trigger action, which I think is perfect for a carry pistol. Currently, I’m carrying a HK P2000SK, 9mm, LEM of course, nice size, I carry IWB in a Milt Sparks VM ll.

I’ve checked out the P30SK but to me it’s a little clunky for a carry pistol, and similar enough to the P2000SK that it didn’t make sense for me to pick up. However, if it’s your first HK for carry, go for it.

4. DMiller

DMiller Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    In for the info. I’ve been thinking about one of these as well.

5. RIS

RIS Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2019
    I used to have an HK USP compact 45. It was a very accurate shooter and recoiled less than most 9mm I’ve shot. I got a Dan Wesson Vbob and ended up preferring the trigger and slimmer profile for carry and moved on. There is nothing bad I could say about that gun though.

6. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    I had one and carried it for some time, great pistol, reliable as all get out. Traded it off when I consolidated/downsized. I prefered the magazine flat floor plates for CCW, carried it in a Galco Summer comfort, thought it shot softer then the full-size, Only drawback Mags are expensive.
    Mine was the (light)LEM model, Nice thing with the HK45c is pricing has reduced some, HKs can be addicting

Just wanted to add There’s another serious contender out there for CCW in .45acp
    The S&W shield, It can be had for less cash but not as softer shooter as the HK
    Mags are cheaper also.
    But for a good all around .45 pistol the HK 45c or USPC 45 Are really tough to beat, if I fell in to a nice HK 2tone uspc 45 it would probably be my new go to CCW.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    DMiller and ImperialBlade like this.
  7. River Rat

River Rat Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2017
    Have a HK 45C and a P2000SK. Both flawless shooters. In my opinion there is just something about a H&K. They can become habit forming.

8. HK45CFAN

HK45CFAN Active Member

Aug 2, 2013
    I Have a HK 45c LEM and it carries very well in a Raven concealment OWB holster. Holds nice and tight to your body. Can't go wrong with an HK.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted