1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
JMB fan
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys- I know it's not a 1911, and my need may be too specific to get much feedback, but I have a Ruger Mark IV tactical, w/ the rails, 4.4" barrel, NOT the 22/45..... and I can't find holster anywhere!! I just spent an hour googling. Add to this that I am left handed! Any chance anybody out there has any suggestions? This is my go-to walking / plinking pistol in this time of quarantine!!

I've tried all of the "holster finders" that I saw- 99% of them don't even list this pistol. Everything else is for the 22/45..... help??

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,042 Posts
I'd call Ruger and ask them for suggestions, if anyone would know they would.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Look around your area for someone that makes Kydex holsters - many of 'em will do 1-off rigs. You'll likely have to work w/them to use your gun as a mold, though.

Chalk it up to education.....always check accessories availability BEFORE buying a gun (don't ask......lol)

Reactions: Mike0707

·
JMB fan
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look around your area for someone that makes Kydex holsters - many of 'em will do 1-off rigs. You'll likely have to work w/them to use your gun as a mold, though.

Chalk it up to education.....always check accessories availability BEFORE buying a gun (don't ask......lol)
Yup good idea. There must be somebody!!

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,042 Posts
I've followed this guy on YouTube for a decade, he use to make traditional gun videos and then started a holster company about 6-8 months ago. He would need a blue gun, but maybe he has some ideas. He's a great guy and maybe has a suggestion or two.

Reactions: Mike0707

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,604 Posts
Well, I'm guessing there aren't a lot of those around and no blue gun versions that have the rails and stuff, it doesn't look like carrying it was much of a consideration when Ruger started 'tacticalizing" it. Unless you want to invest in a one-off holster made by someone willing you might be stuck trying to find a nylon Uncle Mike's style that works with it, even though it might not be made for that specific model.

·
JMB fan
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I'm guessing there aren't a lot of those around and no blue gun versions that have the rails and stuff, it doesn't look like carrying it was much of a consideration when Ruger started 'tacticalizing" it. Unless you want to invest in a one-off holster made by someone willing you might be stuck trying to find a nylon Uncle Mike's style that works with it, even though it might not be made for that specific model.
Ya- I'm not looking for anything fancy, or IWB- just something I can strap on to go for a walk in the woods!! Definitely not any kind of rig for CC.

Appreciate all the replies and suggestions, guys. I've got some avenues to check out, at least!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Guys- I know it's not a 1911, and my need may be too specific to get much feedback, but I have a Ruger Mark IV tactical, w/ the rails, 4.4" barrel, NOT the 22/45..... and I can't find holster anywhere!! I just spent an hour googling. Add to this that I am left handed! Any chance anybody out there has any suggestions? This is my go-to walking / plinking pistol in this time of quarantine!!

I've tried all of the "holster finders" that I saw- 99% of them don't even list this pistol. Everything else is for the 22/45..... help??
Remora might have something

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
DIY kydex holsters, plenty of videos
Never done it. Don't know anything about it, but maybe I could learn something!!
I purchased all the equipment to make kydex holsters after not being able to commercial find what I wanted for my 1911s. I have made 50-60 holsters and mag carriers. I would not want to try that Ruger with all the rails. That would be a set up nightmare.

The options @bnaples has listed is the way to go.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I have that same pistol and it fits in the tactical solutions holster. Even with suppressor fitted

1 - 20 of 21 Posts