Holster- Leather Kydex Combo

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Levi Streiter, Oct 17, 2020 at 5:59 PM.

1. Levi Streiter

Levi Streiter Member

Aug 1, 2020
    Hi guys,

I touched on this in another thread, but are there any quality holsters that have Kydex to secure the slide and leather for the rest of the holster? Would that even work properly?
    I haven’t seen anything from reputable companies, and definitely not for the guns I want it for. (EDC X9S and Bul SAS UL 2)
    Are there any custom holster makers that can make one for me and do a good job with it?

Thanks!
    Levi

2. John Butler

John Butler Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jun 23, 2018
    Garrett???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    The only one I could think of is a Garrett leather lined kydek. I haven’t owned one but have heard good things

https://www.giholsters.com/

Levi Streiter and colrhino like this.
  4. Levi Streiter

Levi Streiter Member

Aug 1, 2020
    Thank you
    Are these customized to the exact model I give them or is it just a “generic” size that covers various models?

5. rblondon

rblondon Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    I like Garrett; I also like Tucker Gun Leather.

Same concept, sit differently on the belt. Read about both, then make an informed choice. Both shape the holster to a specific gun. And do a great job of it.

Levi Streiter and colrhino like this.
  6. 340pd

340pd Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2020
    Over the years I have owned three Garrett kydex/leather holsters. Thet are very well made and I would not hesiutate to buy another. Their Silent Thunder line makes a great IWB.
    [​IMG]

jmr986 and 1911 crazed like this.
  7. Gary Schiefelbein

Gary Schiefelbein Active Member

Apr 9, 2020
  8. jmr986

jmr986 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2016
    I really like mine, made for my Sig 226. Turn around was reasonable. Would recommend, and probably get more. All my other holsters are leather; Sparks, TT and some used old ones. This has the best of both worlds. FWIW I thought I would use this for CC, but hard to conceal with the 226. Great for range training though.

6E3E3F70-959E-4C10-A0B2-34499576B22E.jpeg

Levi Streiter likes this.
  9. Levi Streiter

Levi Streiter Member

Aug 1, 2020
    There’s been quite a few endorsements for Garrett, across multiple forums. I’ll try them out for the Bul, and trying the Milt Sparks SS2 for the Wilson. Thank for input all!

10. jmr986

jmr986 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Good luck, and please give us a range report on the BUL. I’ve been looking at it.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted