1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an outside the waistband leather holster for the Colt Steve @Integrity Arms will be building for my father's birthday.

It's overwhelming how many choices are out there. I 100% carry IWB but he prefers OWB, something about heat and Arizona...

Main driver will be his preference for how tight it holds the gun to the body and comfort when sitting/driving.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
No doubt in my mind...Kramer's horsehide belt scabbard. Holds tight to the body yet allows a smooth draw. Does not shift around at all. Extremely comfortable. Water resistant. Thin but strong, I've heard it referred to as "nature's kydex". I have one for every size pistol I own.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Milt Sparks, Tucker Gunleather and TT Gunleather. I've seen some Warbird stuff here that looks very nice but never had one in my hands.

·
We Are!
2,684 Posts
Milt Sparks Roadrunner (aka their “old-style 60TK.”)

This no-longer-cataloged holster can still be crafted. This one required a five-month wait and was more than worth it.

A836A124-788F-407E-98AB-1826053C5F24.jpeg
1B37FAD2-CCC5-4AD9-BFB0-1D21610C3D87.jpeg
0938852E-FAEF-4BF6-B095-1151641E258A.jpeg

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
We Are!
2,684 Posts
Too many options that all look amazing, and now I have to factor in products not in the catalog!
Haha, yes, indeed. Like you, I favor IWB. There are times when I just want OWB instead and I was intrigued by this holster after reading some threads here on the forum. I’m tellin’ ya - it rides high and close and with its forward cant, it’s the most-concealable yet easiest-wearing OWB holster I’ve seen.

All that said, you are right - there’s not a loser in the suggestions offered either this far or, likely, in the ones to follow.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I don't think asking for suggestions on this forum is going to narrow it down, since everyone has different carry needs and the preferences are so subjective.

But after spending (wasting) a fortune on holsters over the last 40 years, I have narrowed it down as follows:

-- IF you want to carry OWB, and
-- IF you want to carry around 3 or 4 o'clock, and
-- IF you need or want to be able to put on or remove the holster without messing with your belt,

I recommend the TT high ride snap removable holster. It conceals as well as any pancake holster that requires threading of your belt, is very comfortable, and is top quality.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts