1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched to see if this had been discussed before. If I missed it please point me to the thread.
I have a full sized Kimber .45 with a pic rail. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the Streamlight TLR 2 HL.
I carry in a JA shoulder rig that takes the rail.

Questions: How are folks carrying with the light attached? Where are you packing the light if not attached?

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Bladetech in the center is just for the range (and it's missing a drop and offset attachment I'm waiting on) but otherwise, I've got the TT Gunleather holster on the left and the Red River Tactical holster on the right for when I want to throw on a light.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,222 Posts

This leather lined holster from Garrett was built to accept full rail guns, so it takes any 1911 (none, half, full).

I do not have any holsters that accommodate a light, seems too bulky.

·
I'm just here for the gas.
3,097 Posts
SA Champion Operator.jpg

This is a SA Champion Operator, and the barrel is only 4", but I think it tucks away fine with a TLR-1.

*Full disclosure I don't carry with the CMC power mags--

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I located just the holster I was looking for. Before I started carrying my Kimber Ultra Carry II in a J A shoulder rig, I carried it in a Fobus paddle holster. Turns out Fobus makes a paddle holster for my Kimber full sized 1911 with the light attached. It's the T1911 model is anyone is interested. On the Fobus website it's $50. On Amazon it's $30. The sun is out, guess I better go take a ride.

·
Registered
293 Posts

This leather lined holster from Garrett was built to accept full rail guns, so it takes any 1911 (none, half, full).

I do not have any holsters that accommodate a light, seems too bulky.
You’ll carry a full size 1911 with a threaded barrel but a light is too bulky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
just one more
656 Posts
While it's a cheap option the fobus has weak points you should be aware of. Mostly it's made from thin plastic which is lightweight, but also weak and brittle (if you can use that word for plastic). I've seen several break from use, and was at a close quarters class where the instructor demonstrated the following. He asked a participant who had one if he like the holster and was planning to keep it, the answer was no he had another holster to use, so game on. The class involved a lot of wrestling type stuff. He demonstrated that by simply grabbing the gun's grip in the holster and pushing down/twisting sheared the holster from the paddle. This disarmed the opponent with a single motion. It was pretty amazing to see. He even warned the other guy of what he would do, explaining to all of us the process, and gave him full liberty to prevent/block/draw etc (only limitation being no punching). Once he closed and prevented the draw, it took all of a few seconds for him to get his hand on the gun and it was over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts