1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here procured and maintained an FFL that does not have a business storefront?

I'm investigating the pros and cons and figure this is a fine place to gather more input. Apart from the discussion about the BATFE approving "kitchen counter FFLs", what I'd care to know are the answers to practical questions such as: what is required to keep up the paperwork, what are the annual costs, was it a good decision for you or not?

My municipality will allow it. I would pass the background check. At most I would be assembling, but not manufacturing. No destructive devices.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
Not sure, I'm curious also. I had a buddy that did that he had an internet website he sold from, but he's since given that up I don't know if it was legal reason or something else.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Woodrow my buddy who lives in Sugarland, TX, has had his (Class 7) FFL for several years. He just works out of his house, no storefront.

He has not sold a bunch of stuff and mainly does (very cheap) transfers. I don't think he is on this forum, but if you want to talk with him, just PM me your contact info and I'll have him give you a call.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just acquired an 07 FFL. It’s the highest one at $50 a year. I do have a commercial building for my business. We mainly just cerakote and do machine work. Well now transfers. The paper work isn’t that bad. They don’t care where it’s at aslong as you want to be in the gun business and not just enhance your personal collection. In July I plan to acquire the SOT 3. I built a shop and filled it with equipment just so I could work on my own stuff. Had the thought one day of working on others stuff just to get some of my money back on the equipment. Who knows where this will head

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.