Home defense just arrived.....This ain't no "Safe Queen"

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by TheCollector, Nov 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    Living in a border state in the southwest brings circumstances some of you don't have to deal with directly.
    We are living in trying times and unsettling events here in Arizona.
    There are some in this area that think they can just do and take what they want, when they want.
    I've seen them first hand, come out from the cover of cactus and scrub brush into the open, even in broad daylight.
    Sometimes they are moving about as a single, but lately and more frequently, in groups.
    Seldom are they confronted or dealt with in my immediate vicinity.

With the rear of our property backing up to a desert waste area, I was starting to feel more uncomfortable about them being so brazen.
    My wife and I are currently looking after an older family member as well as just recently taken in a younger one.
    I decided to buy a caliber that I haven't previously owned but wanted one my wife will feel comfortable using. It holds 16 rounds and is pretty much... point & shoot.
    AND!!! .................... its not bad lookin.

IMG_1972 (2).jpg

The terrain
    IMG_1974 (2).jpg

The old.............. and the young.
    IMG_1709 (2).jpg

The threat!.. coyotes.jpg

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Noel, HOTCHKIS, boatdoc and 13 others like this.
  2. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    A buddy of mine is really into air guns. He loves to talk about air guns as much as I like to talk about "real" guns. I guess there is a large community of air gunners that build large caliber and/or high power rifles and pistols. His latest craze is improving the suppressor on his air rifle. He wants to be able to snipe the squirrels that are taking over his suburban yard without his neighbors finding out.

3. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018

Sounds like my old Boss. He's got huge money invested in an air rifle made in the UK. Suppressor extra air tanks, high end compressor and the list goes on and on... Very cool stuff. He also hunts BIG game with the real deals...

4. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    So will that just scare off the Coyotes or just piss 'em off?

Hell, I have a SCAR in 7.62 that's been itching to stretch its legs out. I'd be happy to come down for a long weekend and reduce that predatory population.

I am cheap too, "3 hots and a cot" and I'm your man.

5. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Watch Air Gunner on outdoor channel, yeah they make some amazing air guns, seen them hunt everything from rats to iguanas and turkeys and wild hogs even deer all with pcp air guns!

ImperialBlade likes this.
  6. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    Actually, I live in an Active Adult Community that has desert wash areas & golf courses. Close by neighbors limit my choice of caliber for the coyotes. Home intrusion is another story.
    Normally most of the predators here feed on the Dove, Quail, young Javalina & rabbit population. If the coyotes and Bobcats are skinny here, its because they are lazy. Its only lately that they have seemed to pack hunt and become more aggressive towards domestic animals. I put a few dozen pellets through it today and I'm pretty sure they will find it easier pickins somewhere other than our place should they be hit with a few of these rounds. Surprising how fast it is getting off triple taps.

7. TheCollector

Aug 25, 2018
    Oh yeah! ............................. and CHEAP ammo!!!!!! :greedy:

ImperialBlade likes this.
  8. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Get a 22lr and use subsonic ammo. Practice with it and you will be deadly in no time. Air rifles are noisy because THE HIGH VELOCITY versions still break the speed of sound (crack) you hear.

Have been using the 22lr subsonic to "quietly" dispatch vermin in the city for over 20 years.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted