close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Home Defense Tactics

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by SA1911, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Marble's Game Getter

2. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . . Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2014
    I've got to keep the blinds closed . . . behindsofa.gif

Oh, I thought that was in response to me . . . . never mind . . .

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017 at 10:02 AM
    UBOATDOC and Scaramouche like this.

3. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
  4. SA1911

SA1911 Active Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Now this guy is an Official Trained Tactical Operator, Kingsman Killer Kategory Advanced. A trained killer with genius IQ, sellersm, is the epitome of Keyboard Kommando Killers. Only a dude of the talent of sellersm could come up with such brilliance as never going home as a viable defense of avoiding home invasion. All he has to do now is figure out where he'll crib. My guess is he's already speed dialed Kaitlyn Jenner.

5. crayj46

crayj46 Knight Commander of the Order of Cabo Wabo Supporting Addict

Aug 12, 2017
    have you ever been in a gun fight? have you ever been shot at? i think you just went a step too far up above

ZoidMeister, UBOATDOC and Kip like this.
  6. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . . Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2014
    OK Mr. Jabber Jaws . . . . seeing as you are quite the "expert" on everyone else on this forum, why not illuminate us with your credentials, or are you perhaps personifying the exact personification you are anonymously denigrating behind YOUR keyboard ninja skillz . . . . .

Fess up or shut up.

UBOATDOC and Kip like this.
  7. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    upload_2017-11-13_15-57-15.png

I see the Addicts site software has you figured out . . . . . .

Babboonbobo, Kip and 1911wheelsnomore like this.
  8. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    This wouldn't be another incarnation of LigoCally / Pero / Alias / Monkey-Wrench, could it . . . . .?

Babboonbobo and Kip like this.
  9. SA1911

SA1911 Active Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Contained within your post is an admission of prejudice.

If you have to assume that I am what you must make me out to be in order to rationalize your prejudices, you've should've stopped while you were behind.

It's far more wise to attempt to refute a thesis as opposed to attacking its messenger. Argumentum ad hominem is the last, desperate act of one incapable of logically refuting a proffered argument. It's also a bona fide Saul Alinsky approve tactic: https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/the-25-rules-of-disinformation/

When you don't get what your erroneously believe is owed to you, do you call those who deny you racists?

Now, zoid, why don't you take a deep breath and objectively read my post. If you identify something contained therein, introduce it and attempt to refute it. I'd respect you for that. Argumentum ad hominem is logical fallacy.

Let's assume that I'm whom you want me to be in order for you to impose your illusory superiority. Would that invalidate my post?

A prostitute can be raped. If you were a cop and were a prostitute to tell you that she was raped, would you shine her on because of her "professional" status? Or would you objectively listen to her allegation and seek evidence to support or refute her allegation as victim of a very serious felony?

Dude, you're borderline megalomaniac. I have to prove not a damned thing to you.

Now get back to Moe slapping your vacuous noggin.

10. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER

Apr 5, 2015
    Is this going to segue into the snake thread? Mouche is still traumatized!!!!!!!

Babboonbobo, Kip, tac45 and 4 others like this.
  11. UBOATDOC

Apr 5, 2015
    SA, you obviously are possessed with a degree of intelligence. Calling people names especially terms like "racist" is intellectually disingenuous or perhaps even lazy. I prefer not to see this contention on this board. Yes, I agree that it is my responsibility whether or not to even log on or reply.....and I will. But I think over several posts of differing content you have put information out there that may be accurate and useful. But when someone asks at little about your background or experience and you feel the need to somehow conceal or "under-report" this, your credibility is in question. Many opinions on here are also found in gun magazines of sort of populist repute and I feel we as 1911 hobbyists of some degree(while also enjoying nearly all firearms)find ourselves better informed by each of our fellow Addicts. I know I do. So I think we all want opinion that is based on objective experience. For example, I don't post about training or shooting acumen as I suck at it and guys like Raylan etc, Mouche would likely kick me out of their fighting hole come the Revolution. I am more likely to be consulted at something I am good at like trauma care. In closing, WHO ARE YOU....WHO.....WHO.....WHO......WHO.

12. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    You Damn Right I am prejudiced . . . . all based solely upon your IGNORANT MIDDLE-SCHOOL RESPONSES to the fine forum members who took issue with your original post, (which by the way, was pretty stupid) . . .

How do you survive a gun fight? Don't get in one.

How do you avoid a sexually transmitted disease? Remain a virgin.

Even Homer Simpson can figure that out . . . .

I played no part in refuting your logical equivalency (there was no argument presented). However you are the one who didn't do his research to discover who actually replied to your missive and in what manner, but started your Limey Austin Powers Kingsman flunk-out name calling (see, I can do it too).

Yes you are a self-impotant ass (spelled as intended).

Ending points:

• You presented no thesis, just a logical equivalency dressed as an intellectual discussion.
    • I don't believe anything is "owed to me". I just call out ignorance when I see it.
    • I don't "want you to be" anything but quiet.
    • Your sexual worker argument makes no sense to this discussion.
    • I am not "borderline" anything. I am a FULL-OUT, BALLS TO THE WALL, RETARD MEGALOMANIAC . . . get that straight and we'll be on better terms.
    • I have yet to meet Moe, do you have his contact information?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 4:49 PM
  13. ZoidMeister

Dec 4, 2014
    Leaving it at that ^^ is actually quite hilarious . . . .

Bro. Pappaw, Harleyvato and UBOATDOC like this.
  14. 1911KY

1911KY Shooter!

Mar 20, 2015
    I keep a shotgun as my primary HD weapon. It stays loaded with an array of slugs and buck shot. I have small children in the house and if someone enters my house un-welcomed while we are home, then I consider that a threat to my family and they will not be walking out. Therefore, a 12 gauge seemed the appropriate tool to dispatch multiple intruders if need be, in the shortest amount of time, considering the ineffectiveness of handguns.

Keep in mind, no one knows your house layout better than you....mind your corners and never give enough lead around a corner so as to have the muzzle of your firearm taken from you. Know your homes hiding spots.

Most importantly, HAVE AN ALARM....every window and door in my house has an alarm on it. If you come in, it will be known and the responders will come even if I don't call. $25 a month is worth the peace of mind.

Bro. Pappaw, blitz45, dash and 5 others like this.
  15. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    If I could recommend a dog for home protection, IMHO it would be this :

219922CC-6A25-4A20-889C-756AC34FCBF9.jpeg 53542D6A-D5F8-451A-9E4D-9F2F840FBCBA.jpeg 0260A856-2100-4D73-AD30-0497FEA1299C.jpeg
    Puppy
    154BA09D-9CA8-47DD-99C3-48AF6EB00460.jpeg
    They weigh well in excess of 200lbs ,a friend brought one back ,it grew to weigh 260

16. crayj46

Aug 12, 2017
    holy canine, that's a big pup!

Bro. Pappaw, sellersm, Kip and 2 others like this.
  17. UBOATDOC

Apr 5, 2015
    I go with the following. A cranky female 85 lbs German Shepherd who is quick to defend us. A perimeter alarm system with a couple cameras, a 38 special for my wife who knows to a reasonable extent how to use it and then I sort of cycle between everything from a Shockwave with Minis to more usually a J frame or a Glock 19 or 43. I certainly benefit passively from a neighborhood with several LEO's who bring their cars home. I think there are several great items of information that have been shared. Most of the information and decisions about defense of your family and home are relative to region/locality, regional governmental tolerance to possible nefarious individuals(sanctuary cities?) distance from a city, distance from an LE/Police substation, relative location to an interstate(where criminal sh@theads are likely to travel and attempt to escape)community makeup(churches, schools, stores or strip malls, convenience stores or lots of apartments nearby with people that may not be franchised in the community). Or do you live somewhere rural where you might be on your own should there be a break-in or home invasion? Folks in the country may have some built in advantages in some aspects and some distinct disadvantages as well. What is the home like? How many stories, access from outside, level of windows to the ground? Fenced yard? Gates, garage doors, etc. I am recalling an article and I believe an accompanying You Tube video by Massad Ayoob regarding the subject of break-ins and home invasion. I have had both a break-in theft on Christmas Eve years ago in a nice area of Charleston SC. But house was a rental and did not have a fenced yard and the windows were easily breached and climbed into. They stole easily fenced stuff and left guns. Incredibly, they were later caught in the same neighborhood a month later and were kids that were basically enabled by their parents to do these break-ins to raise money for drugs...sad. I also was "almost" a victim of a home invasion many years ago in the midst of a bad ice storm in Portland when living in a really marginal area of town. The power was out all around on adjacent blocks except for mine. I had a good perimeter alarm system that had been installed, but I think the perp realized the cops were overwhelmed with other calls. He went from door to door trying the doors and shaking windows. I was inside lying on the floor behind a couch with a 22 rifle and my only centerfire gun, a Smith and Wesson Model 10. I am not sure if he figured out that this might be his last tango as I was more than ready to shoot him as soon as he entered or he got scared and distracted by the cop cars careening by going elsewhere. Both times I was pissed and felt violated in one degree or another. These days, I am full of as much fight if not more so as I have my family with me and make it my absolute duty to protect them. And I am better experienced/trained to stop a threat. I don't want to have any crime occur on my property/home or be perpetrated against my family/me. I would greatly prefer a break in when I am not here. I have a lot of trepidation about blowing someone out of their socks just inside my front door. And I have prepared my home and family as well as I can by thoughtful review. I hope none of my fellow Addicts or their families ever have to use deadly force in the defense of their family or home. I am confident that most of us have reviewed the options and have trained and prepared.

18. UBOATDOC

Apr 5, 2015
    Caucasian Mountain Shepherd? That is an enormous dog. Can you imagine the devastation if old Fluffy there did not immediately recognize their owner. Of course, for that to be a recognized breed here, it will have to be renamed. We know longer think caucasian is politically correct. right?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 9:23 PM
  19. seiko_snot

seiko_snot Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Bro. Pappaw, sellersm and tac45 like this.
  20. crayj46

Aug 12, 2017
    probably eats teenagers

blitz45, UBOATDOC, cghelton and 4 others like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted