Home Security - K9 Style

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 20South, Feb 8, 2012.

1. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Well, it may be a little premature... We rescued these two from a Columbus shelter this weekend. Brother and sister and 2 of the only 3 survivors. Awesome pups!

IMG_0751.jpg
    IMG_0753.jpg
    IMG_0758 copy.jpg

2. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Nice pups! :thumb:

3. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Looks like they found a good home. Good looking pups. Congrats.

4. Pangari1

Pangari1 -this space for rent- Supporting Addict

Dec 1, 2011
    Oh those r some good lookin little pups you got there. Congrats and good luck

5. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Got Guns, Got Freedom Supporting Addict

Oct 20, 2011
    Those are beauts! Nothing like rescues and siblings to boot. Good luck, watch out for your shoes,toilet paper,walls,doors,clothes,trash, I could go on and on.:wink:

6. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Love 'em! My mom is 72, and has a pitbull named Hank:
    [​IMG]
    Total sweetheart.

7. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Handsome fella. Our neighbors have a Pit rescue too which is kind of what turned us onto the breed. Awesome dogs.

8. 2001SportTJ

2001SportTJ 1911 Totin' Redneck!

Sep 17, 2011
    Beautiful pups! I rescued my pit a couple years ago as a pup. She is the best dog I've ever had, she has the nicest demeanor of any dog I have ever come across and is very eager to please. She loves people and other dogs and cats. Just don't come in my house if she doesn't know you without me being there. It pisses me off to see what these thugs do to these dogs, and the bad rap that they get because of their eagerness to please their owner. :mad2:

9. paid4c4

paid4c4 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 26, 2011
    I've always said/thought it isn't the breed it's what people do to them, teach them and treat them. Those are nice looking puppies. Did you see the feet on them rascals!
    Bill

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  10. bw210

bw210 Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Good looking pups... Rescue dogs are great, although yours look to young to remember being stranded or abused. We are on our 5th, 6th and 7th rescued Chows. Amazes me when I hear some of the stories from the shelter/rescue sites... mostly like WTF is wrong with some people. Congrats, may they be a part of your family for years to come.

11. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Its definitely sad to see what people do to a lot of these animals. These are our first rescues from a shelter and we spent a lot of time down there. The stories are almost unreal. The mother was there and looked like the poster dog for the humane society. I could only imagine the stories she would tell if she could.

12. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Congrats and good for you! We have 7 dogs and all are rescues.
    You'll have two great buddies for a long time!

13. nolt

nolt Member

Aug 24, 2011
    i <3 pits and pit-mixes. i also <3 rescues.

14. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    Awesome. Got two rescues myself. I feel they appreciate it more than my other one.

15. kvtcomdo

kvtcomdo Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Is it the Breed or the teaching?

+1 on that.

All dogs can be trained to be a friend, or a danger to others.:thumb:

16. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    Best dog I've ever had was an amstaff. When I had to put her down it absolutely crushed me. I have an american bulldog now. Great with the kids and family.

17. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I have an English and an American bulldog myself. I've met a LOT of gun people with bullies, wonder if that's coincidence?
    [​IMG]

18. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Great looking little pups. I know it is not some guard dog, but I picked my tiny little kitten up from the street. She was about four weeks old when I found her, she was living inside a Pepsi vending machine, the back plate had been removed around the bottom, she had two siblings but I can only handle one pet at a time. Her mom was close by, but so skinny, you could tell she couldn't even feed herself, let alone three kittens. So this kitten actually jumped out of a bush at us when we walked by, so it was easily decided she would be the one to come home!

19. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Double Congrats Brandon! :thumb: Good looking pups.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted