1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
You Don’t Know Me!
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a decent relatively inexpensive home based training system out there? Maybe something with one of those drop in bullet style lasers?

I am only looking for something that would allow me to practice draw and fire drills.

Anyone have any luck with anything?

·
Fictional Western Sage
2,786 Posts
I went cheap. Tacked this target up at the end of my hallway, which is about 7 yards long. I can sit at my computer, stand, move right, draw and dry fire, walk in from kitchen, see threat and do same, or stand facing target. Using a timer, it is effective for me.
Sleeve Hand Denim Vintage clothing Long hair

·
"BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore !
1,850 Posts
I went cheap. Tacked this target up at the end of my hallway, which is about 7 yards long. I can sit at my computer, stand, move right, draw and dry fire, walk in from kitchen, see threat and do same, or stand facing target. Using a timer, it is effective for me.
View attachment 383743

This puts a twist on " Girls with Guns" .. I mean I'm all for girls in sexy outfits holding guns...
But when they're pointing one at you and grinning like a psyco … that's scary … LOL :interesting: :interesting: :interesting: :grin:

·
You Don’t Know Me!
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This puts a twist on " Girls with Guns" .. I mean I'm all for girls in sexy outfits holding guns...
But when they're pointing one at you and grinning like a psyco … that's scary … LOL :interesting: :interesting: :interesting: :grin:
And she has 2 fingers on the trigger - she wants you doubally dead!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I use the Mantis X system for dry fire or live fire practice. They have several models and I used the basic system for a couple of years but just upgraded to the Mantis X 10. The basic model is $149.99 and the the one I now use is $249.99.
My wife bought me a laserlyte target a few years ago, it is a bit boring but when I use it along with the Mantis X it makes practice more fun. I run the Mantis X system for telling me how I'm doing whether good or bad and the laserlyte target gives me a target to compare it to. Mantis X is used for dry fire or live fire.
Check it out.
https://mantisx.com/

Reactions: RatBikeRod
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.