1911 Firearm Addicts banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
1911s for GOD and Country
1,876 Posts
Ive owned several and the only one I kept is my Desert Warrior. Runs like a swiss watch and is far more accurate than I am.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Had 2...

a Classic Gold Match (series I...no swartz safety). That gun was wicked accurate! Swear it could of been a bullseye gun. Never a hiccup at all.

a Ultra Tactical (series I)....Ultra (officer) size with a magwell. Darn thing wouldn't run worth a damn. Tried EVERYTHING...new springs, feed ramp polish, tuned extractor, different mag's, etc. etc. etc. Still couldn't get it to run properly. Sold it off to a buddy who wanted to "wrench" on 1911's.

So.....for me, 50/50 on the positive/negative experience.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I've had two 9mm Kimbers, both ran like a top. 5" two tone and a 4" Pro Carry II, I would buy another Pro Carry for the right price.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Well, I'm going to be the Lone Ranger on this topic. Good thing I never heard the horror stories before making a Kimber Purchase. Maybe I'm a really lucky SOB. I don't get to shoot anything as often as I would like for several reasons however all of my Kimber's have had at least 400 rounds, some more than that. I have three that are in the 3,000 round range. Some I bought new, some I bought used, mostly they are .45 but two are 9mm. None of them have had to be returned to Kimber for any type of service. Had a spell and one or two pistols starting out had some FTF but that ended up being a cracked stainless magazine. I don't get the Kimber hate?

My name is 2sharp2 and I have bought 17 Kimber pistols, I still own "Sixteen" ( 3 not pictured) Kimber pistols, I sold a lady shooter friend of mine a 9mm Sapphire Pro mainly because she loved it more than I did.
Oh you may as well know the whole truth I also have 4 Kimber rifles, a Target and Compact .22lr conversion kits.
Going to post a pic and for the record I think it is 3 purchases since this picture was taken. (note to self, take new pic).
White Black Air gun Trigger Wood

Yes, I have some other 1911's.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Well, I'm going to be the Lone Ranger on this topic. Good thing I never heard the horror stories before making a Kimber Purchase. Maybe I'm a really lucky SOB. I don't get to shoot anything as often as I would like for several reasons however all of my Kimber's have had at least 400 rounds, some more than that. I have three that are in the 3,000 round range. Some I bought new, some I bought used, mostly they are .45 but two are 9mm. None of them have had to be returned to Kimber for any type of service. Had a spell and one or two pistols starting out had some FTF but that ended up being a cracked stainless magazine. I don't get the Kimber hate?

My name is 2sharp2 and I have bought 17 Kimber pistols, I still own Sixteen Kimber pistols, I sold a lady shooter friend of mine a 9mm Sapphire Pro mainly because she loved it more than I did.
Oh you may as well know the whole truth I also have 4 Kimber rifles, a Target and Compact .22lr conversion kits.
Going to post a pic and for the record I think it is 3 purchases since this picture was taken. (note to self, take new pic). View attachment 801196

Yes, I have some other 1911's.
I Applaud you honestly and your loyalty, OMG,,, 13 KIMBERS… that’s LOYALTY.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, as the title says.

if you ever HAD a Kimber 1911, what model did you have, and was it a good 1911...and do you still have it??

if you got rid of a Kimber you had, why did you do it??

what are known issues with Kimber, like build quality, feed issues, ejection issues, parts breaking prematurely?

that's about all i have to ask for now.

i do not currently own a Kimber, but on "some" websites i am a member of, some guys talk good, some guys talk bad about the brand

thanks in advance, to all that respond, with actual advice, opinions on a Kimber that you had, or still have.

hearsay, well......i'll read it, but honesty first, please.

(and by the way, like someone else asked in another thread, "why are tags needed before posting?" i just had to include some)
I have a Kimber 1911, never shot it, but it is a nice looking gun...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can someone please tell member Charles M to contact me regarding the4 pistols in his classifieds add? For some reason I can no longer PM or post to classifieds… I have purchased many high hens 1911’s on this site over the years, even though I don’t post in discussion forums… thanks for any help, Allen

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 3, a Pro Carry II in .45, a Stainless II in .45, and a Pro Carry HD II in .38 Super. All were bought new, and before shooting they were field stripped, cleaned, and lubed. None have ever had a failure with ball ammo. The .45's both had problems feeding hollowpoints until I started using CMC and Wilson magazines in them. None of them required any break in. I'm neither a hater nor a fanboy, the Kimbers I have do what I expect them to do.

I've read a lot of the hate. Many users relate the problems they've had and this is valuable information regardless of how you view Kimber or any other brand for that matter. Some just dismiss them as junk or garbage or they wouldn't have one under any circumstances, without giving a reason for it. Maybe they have reasons, but I just disregard those.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Kimber custom 2 w/ rail was my first gun. Sold it pretty quick. I was accurate with it, but had feeding issues and the finish sucked. Moved to Springfield after that.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I had a Tac Pro HD II. Ran great and was a tack driver. Sold to upgrade to DWs, then customs. Never looked back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi, as the title says.

if you ever HAD a Kimber 1911, what model did you have, and was it a good 1911...and do you still have it??

what are known issues with Kimber, like build quality, feed issues, ejection issues, parts breaking prematurely?

i do not currently own a Kimber, but on "some" websites i am a member of, some guys talk good, some guys talk bad about the brand

thanks in advance, to all that respond, with actual advice, opinions on a Kimber that you had, or still have.

(and by the way, like someone else asked in another thread, "why are tags needed before posting?" i just had to include some)
I worked at gun shop for a year and all the Kimber's that came in had rust on the barrels. Something about the steel being "in the raw" and not treated. They sold but it took a long time and price breaks to move them. I ever shot or owned one cuz of this.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I worked at gun shop for a year and all the Kimber's that came in had rust on the barrels. Something about the steel being "in the raw" and not treated. They sold but it took a long time and price breaks to move them. I ever shot or owned one cuz of this.
That is true, though i think some new ones have stainless barrels. I cold blued my barrels; i would like to dlc them one day.

Reactions: SMOKER

·
On The Lost Highway
363 Posts
There was a time that required pocket carry and Duluth Trading Company cargo pants have pockets as large as a two car garage.

These britches have a muzzle pocket sewn into the bottom of the right front pocket.

The reason I'm telling you about this is that a Commander sized 1911 would drop down in this pants pocket like hand in glove.

But a regular 1911 has some snag points like sights and hammers. I wanted an officer frame and a slide melted like a soft bar of soap. Pocket carry.

You get to nosing around and you will come up with two 1911 pistols that fit pocket carry configuration. The Colt New Agent and the Kimber Refined Carry Pistol (RCP).

But you lay the Colt down next to the Kimber and I'll dare you to tell me that the Colt is finished as nicely as the Kimber. Run your finger along the bottom of the slide and it's over.

Over the years I've owned two Kimber RCPs and both flawless. But,,,, and this a big BUT, both of them had Cerakote finishes after the initial factory finish pitted with surface rust.

I just chalked it up to pocket carry in our hot and humid weather. Maybe a Colt would have had the same problem.

·
Registered
585 Posts
hi, as the title says.

I have carried a Kimber Pro Carry 11 for about 7 years now. have had zero problems of any kind with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had really bad experiences with the ones I handled and fired. The lines were often times not straight, parts didn't fit. I have had Norincos and Charles Dalys built better than that. I could never keep them running long enough to tell if they were reliable. I have avoided them for the last 15 or so years. I dont understand the prices for a gun that poorly made.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts