Hornady Lock-N-Load Powder Measure

Discussion in 'Caliber Talk: Ammunition, Reloading, and Shooting ' started by Gress, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Gress

Gress Don't need no education Supporting Addict

Nov 21, 2011
    How much you guys trust it? How frequently do you check weigh the loads? My Lee pro auto disk one works very consistently with the disks as well as a micrometer adjustable charge bar. Also does HDY one leak powder?

2. Rod38um

Rod38um Opinionated Shooter

Oct 5, 2011
    The biggest effect I've seen on it is more associated with changes in humidity. I check mine before each use and as long as the humidity hasn't changed much, the charge weight hasn't either. Mine does not leak, however I run a powder check and its a bit messy, If it pulls one flake of powder out with it once every 5 or 6 casings...... well, it adds up to a mess after several hundred rounds. All in all, I like it!

3. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    You got your micrometer to work on the Lee? I got one and it never did work right. I think my load might have been too small, it would either throw nothing, or fill the case up! I tossed it and went back to the disk. I was using Accurate #5, as it is the only powder I use at the moment.

4. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Well, I modified all my LNL with Lee powder measures. Will try the HDY again though, after reading some of your posts. Beware of humidity. Sometimes the powder will lump up into small balls, especially Titegroup. I made it a rutine to empty them, if I'm not using the machine within 24 hrs. in the summertime.

5. Gress

Gress Don't need no education Supporting Addict

Nov 21, 2011
    Well Jess, if your Lee powder measures work, why go back to Hornady then? And yes, my micrometer works. Not accurate in absolute numbers, but once you dial in the setting for specific powder/weight it works fine.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted