How do I qualify to post in the classifieds?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by Diggs19116, Mar 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diggs19116

Diggs19116 Active Member

Feb 15, 2019
    When do I become eligible to post a 1911 I need to sell?

Steve Owens likes this.
  2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Look, I know it isn't my place to say, but that right there just makes me think you joined to sell something! Not to contribute, or even introduce yourself...
    I would say, introduce yourself, let folks get to know you, maybe consider becoming a supporting member, and then attempt to peddle goods.
    I know it's a free country, thank God for that, but at the very least use the search tab.
    There is a thread posted, (and it's a sticky) that explains the rules in detail.
    Sorry if I am out of line Addicts...

zChambers, Spokes, WC145 and 3 others like this.

3. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    You basically have to become involved in the forum but posting threads, liking and responding to content already posted, and become part of the 1911 family here so to speak. They do that so people don't merely try to use this forum for the classified section only. This is a place that keeps track of transactions by a rating system. Transactions, trades, purchase, sales etc.. are kept track of through your profile and people responding and leaving feedback. A good way to know who can be trusted so to speak, and to weed out the scammers. To be honest I forget how much content there has to be, but that is basically how it works..

Diggs19116 likes this.
  4. Diggs19116

Diggs19116 Active Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Don’t think that’s necessarily a fair statement, I’ve communicated with a number of members on here about trades in the last month since I joined. Had I known about this forum soo we, I would have been a member a long time ago.

5. Diggs19116

Diggs19116 Active Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Thanks you for your help. That makes perfect sense.

6. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Well I can see you've been a member for well over a month and are just asking, so I don't think your intentions were to just join to sell, but you'll probably have to be a bit more active to get to that point.. Somewhere in the rules it should state how much content or Trophy points you have to have to list in the classifieds. I just never had a problem getting to that point rather quickly and it took me nearly a year before I did my first purchase from the forum.. And it didn't go so well, but it was a newer member that I have only seen one other time since then. Every other transaction I have had since the first one (and there have been quite a few) Have been 100% excellent.

Diggs19116 likes this.
  7. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    @Razer can you clarify this for me, I can't find where it states the requirement to post in the classifieds? I thought it was a certain amount of trophy points or something, but can't seem to locate in the terms and rules....

Razer likes this.
  8. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    I thought we had to do a certain number of pushups.

Mr. Knight, azpoolguy, B81 and 2 others like this.
  9. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.