1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most will say you can never have too many 1911's. I have 12 now. But I don't want the same name brands,I know for sure i'm going to buy more 1911's mostly a Colt & S&W. I would like to have more 1911's before i'm done with that part of my gun collection, but how many more

Premium Member
Springfield Fanatic
There is no real answer. Depends on what your goal is I reckon. I collect and use all my Springers. I have no real desire to own other brands but that being said I also don鈥檛 have unlimited funds either. I see maybe another for regular use and carry ( EMP Ronin 3鈥) and eventually my two unicorns. A Full rail TRP and hopefully one day a Professional. Which will top me out at 11-12 1911鈥檚. But you never know lol

Premium Member
There is no real answer. Depends on what your goal is I reckon. I collect and use all my Springers. I have no real desire to own other brands but that being said I also don鈥檛 have unlimited funds either. I see maybe another for regular use and carry ( EMP Ronin 3鈥) and eventually my two unicorns. A Full rail TRP and hopefully one day a Professional. Which will top me out at 11-12 1911鈥檚. But you never know lol
I started out on Springfield. Love the EMP series.

Registered
I鈥檓 guessing there are literally 1000鈥檚 if not 10,000 of combinations of 1911 models for sale today. Between all the custom manufacturers and common brands I don鈥檛 think you could buy them all if you wanted.

I believe if Elon Musk wanted to fill the library of Congress with 1911鈥檚 we could come close to bankrupting him:)

To put his wealth into context if musk spent 200 billion on 1911鈥檚 at $2500 a piece he could buy 80,000,000 1911鈥檚

There I answered the question.

That鈥檚 too many 1911鈥檚

Registered
I鈥檓 guessing there are literally 1000鈥檚 if not 10,000 of combinations of 1911 models for sale today. Between all the custom manufacturers and common brands I don鈥檛 think you could buy them all if you wanted.

I believe if Elon Musk wanted to fill the library of Congress with 1911鈥檚 we could come close to bankrupting him:)
mine of east could bankrupt me

Registered
Randall Firearms was in business for 2 years.....in that time they put 10 models into production (built over 100 of the model). Getting one of each of them took me 30 years - and I picked up a few other 1911's along the way.

Registered
better ? is : how do you KNOW when you have enough 1911s in your collection?

there is no correct answer

1 - 20 of 92 Posts