how many of you guys have 1911's with rails? threaded barrels? silencers?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by rukwikenuf, Nov 16, 2011.

1. rukwikenuf

rukwikenuf Member

Oct 16, 2011
    i've been looking for the ultimate in performance for the 1911 (although i can't afford to buy a KelTec even) and i want to see some pics! what i REALLY would like to see is a Nighthawk GRP with a light/laser combo underneath, and a silencer out front, tall sights and all. i'm in a state that does NOT allow silencers, although there are many trying to change that law:Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

2. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    No threaded barrel or suppressor, but here I submit my example of a Nighthawk Enforcer Recon finished in Diamond Black IonBond with a Surefire X300.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
  4. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I have thought about adding a GRP w/ Light or a Wilson CQB Rail with Light many a times. Just not sure about a weapon mounted light, should order a light and try it on my Glock first I suppose.

5. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
  6. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I really like a weapon mounted light. I have one on my Nighthawk and my AR.

7. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I'm very fond of Charlene.. Ron

[​IMG]

8. TexasLeo

TexasLeo Member

Aug 20, 2011
  9. rukwikenuf

rukwikenuf Member

Oct 16, 2011
  10. 45Driver

45Driver Throbbing Member.

Sep 24, 2011
    Never,ever thought I would like a 1911 with G-10 grips, a "painted" finish or a light rail but I have been looking hard at the SIG Scorpion as my (factory) tricked-out home defense weapon... I wanna be ready for any "occupiers" that might arrive at the old homestead.:biggrin1:

http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/1911-scorpion.aspx

That NHC Enforcer Recon is BADASS!

11. Cigarhead

Cigarhead Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    There is one on Armslist for $799. You should be able to score a mint new one $850 ish. (Scorpion)
    to me the color is way too light. Some of the Urban Tan that Larue is using now would have looked good. Or something like the coating on my Patriot LWRC. Then I would have been into it. I do like that Sigs have less MIM (they say non, but I'd have to see it to believe it) But the gun is cool.

If you like that magwell, MSH and grips matching. Buy a black tac pack adn order the grip/magwell/MSH sets from Hogue for $130 ish. You can put it on a black railed Sig and make the Black Scorpion before sig even does it >)

12. Cigarhead

Cigarhead Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Oh yeah,
    [​IMG]

Just a lightweight with some internals upgraded. Shoots just right accuracy wise, that I feel I can put money into other guns first and get them right. Been pretty impressed with it. The light frame and then adding the light up front did seem to balance it better for me.

But I do like the GRP. There is a Baer I like as well with a rail. But for now this will get me by.
    And I have that same Tucker Silent thunder holster. Love it

13. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Springfield Armory MC Operator
    [​IMG]

w/ weaponlight
    [​IMG]

Kimber Desert Warrior
    [​IMG]

Smith & Wesson SW1911 Tactical Rail SS
    [​IMG]

14. ArmyVetSgt.Adkins

ArmyVetSgt.Adkins U.S. Army Vet

Sep 2, 2011
    My Bobtailed Colt Rail Gun done by Dave Helton and Holster by Steven Kelley
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  15. rukwikenuf

rukwikenuf Member

Oct 16, 2011
    wow.... those are some nice weapons, gents! i'm a firm believer in Sigs, but my TacOps was purchased without the rail. intentionally. now, they're growing on me! as i said in OP, tall sights, supressor, gun light (think Surefire X3) and some Crimson Trace grips.... oooh, i feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D then, a custom fitted shoulder holster with three spare mags, and a bitchin' Rollie Fingers-style moustache!

16. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash Member

Sep 11, 2011
    No suppressor or threaded barrel, but it does have a rail and an x300

[​IMG]

17. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    None of that stuff for me :grin:

18. Rinspeed

Rinspeed Member

Aug 22, 2011
    No real use for a rail on my 1911s, seeing I live NY a silencer probably isn't going to happen.

19. 45Driver

45Driver Throbbing Member.

Sep 24, 2011
    Cigarhead-I like the Black Scorpion idea, seems they have something very close to that with the TACOPS model. It is much pricier than the Scorp.

Tackleberry- How do you like your Kimber Desert Warrior? I am a Colt Snob in recovery and only got hard into the Kimbers this year with the purchase of a Gold Combat II.

I didn't notice the hatred for the "K word" until I bought a couple of 'em.:peep:

20. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Since someone asked about one my railed 1911's, I figure this is a good place to post the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New VZ's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted