1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been looking for the ultimate in performance for the 1911 (although i can't afford to buy a KelTec even) and i want to see some pics! what i REALLY would like to see is a Nighthawk GRP with a light/laser combo underneath, and a silencer out front, tall sights and all. i'm in a state that does NOT allow silencers, although there are many trying to change that law:Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

·
Registered
821 Posts
No threaded barrel or suppressor, but here I submit my example of a Nighthawk Enforcer Recon finished in Diamond Black IonBond with a Surefire X300.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have thought about adding a GRP w/ Light or a Wilson CQB Rail with Light many a times. Just not sure about a weapon mounted light, should order a light and try it on my Glock first I suppose.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have thought about adding a GRP w/ Light or a Wilson CQB Rail with Light many a times. Just not sure about a weapon mounted light, should order a light and try it on my Glock first I suppose.
I really like a weapon mounted light. I have one on my Nighthawk and my AR.

·
Registered
328 Posts
There is one on Armslist for $799. You should be able to score a mint new one $850 ish. (Scorpion)
to me the color is way too light. Some of the Urban Tan that Larue is using now would have looked good. Or something like the coating on my Patriot LWRC. Then I would have been into it. I do like that Sigs have less MIM (they say non, but I'd have to see it to believe it) But the gun is cool.

If you like that magwell, MSH and grips matching. Buy a black tac pack adn order the grip/magwell/MSH sets from Hogue for $130 ish. You can put it on a black railed Sig and make the Black Scorpion before sig even does it >)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Oh yeah,

Just a lightweight with some internals upgraded. Shoots just right accuracy wise, that I feel I can put money into other guns first and get them right. Been pretty impressed with it. The light frame and then adding the light up front did seem to balance it better for me.

But I do like the GRP. There is a Baer I like as well with a rail. But for now this will get me by.
And I have that same Tucker Silent thunder holster. Love it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Springfield Armory MC Operator

w/ weaponlight

Kimber Desert Warrior

Smith & Wesson SW1911 Tactical Rail SS

·
U.S. Army Vet
414 Posts
My Bobtailed Colt Rail Gun done by Dave Helton and Holster by Steven Kelley

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow.... those are some nice weapons, gents! i'm a firm believer in Sigs, but my TacOps was purchased without the rail. intentionally. now, they're growing on me! as i said in OP, tall sights, supressor, gun light (think Surefire X3) and some Crimson Trace grips.... oooh, i feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D then, a custom fitted shoulder holster with three spare mags, and a bitchin' Rollie Fingers-style moustache!

·
Throbbing Member.
279 Posts
Cigarhead-I like the Black Scorpion idea, seems they have something very close to that with the TACOPS model. It is much pricier than the Scorp.

Tackleberry- How do you like your Kimber Desert Warrior? I am a Colt Snob in recovery and only got hard into the Kimbers this year with the purchase of a Gold Combat II.

I didn't notice the hatred for the "K word" until I bought a couple of 'em.:peep:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts