1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Hoping to change out a trigger on a Pro Carry HD II. I hate to admit this, but I have never fully detail stripped a Series 80 or a gun with a Schwartz (spelling?) safety. I just noticed this one has that extra little do-dad in the frame.

Carry On, No Worries, or, Fear And Trepidation?

Zoid the uneducated . . . . .

Reactions: DWdude and Mike A

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
3,304 Posts
When I reassemble a series 80 I cut a Q Tip in half and use it for a slave pin to hold those little pieces in place while I get everything to go where it belongs. I also put a light grease on the little pieces, it helps to get them to stay where I put them until I get things together.
On the Kimber, I found mine easier than a series 80. If you have a cell phone camera, just take a photo of each step when taking it apart.
Best wishes.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Or you can just remove it completely, just make sure that you install a "plug" so the sear doesnt wander once you remove it - otherwise your gun will either jam or go full auto, ask me how I know...... though I wont name the smith who didnt know

·
Registered
2,451 Posts

·
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just kidding...................I've never preformed that operation. But with my luck It would be 2 days with YouTube.
I just remember LONG ago, the first time I got a sear spring seated caddywampus in a 1911(before I learnt to either rubber band the grip safety or take OUT both safeties). I couldn't get the trigger to operate properly for a week on one of my guns. I was still too timid to fully disassemble a 1911 at the time.

Reactions: Mike A and FWoo45

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
Reactions: Mike A

·
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: Mike A and FWoo45

·
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yes, you know your in trouble when that cold sweat starts on your forehead. And you can't fall asleep that night. But man, what a relief when it comes together. Then, how could I have been that stupid!
I seem to make a fairly meager living at it. It does help one establish a good degree of notoriety as well . . .

Consider Forrester Pumice, Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp, and Zoid . . . .

Some great ideas on the "Series 80 style" guns.

I took the "easy" way out and just sold them all ;)
But it's a. 38 SUPERB Kimber . . . . . .

Reactions: Mike A and Wiresguy

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts
Gents,

Hoping to change out a trigger on a Pro Carry HD II. I hate to admit this, but I have never fully detail stripped a Series 80 or a gun with a Schwartz (spelling?) safety. I just noticed this one has that extra little do-dad in the frame.

Carry On, No Worries, or, Fear And Trepidation?

Zoid the uneducated . . . . .

Zoid, they make a shim to replace all the series 80 monkey motion stuff. You can remove it permanently unless you have to keep it stock. Here's one of them.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...to-series-70-conversion-shims--prod13121.aspx

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.