1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hoping somebody can point me in the right direction. I acquired a used Springfield awhile back from my LGS. I've been looking online but can't find a resource to "decode" the serial number to find out the particulars, Manuf. date, which model it is, etc.
I've tried to call SA directly but have been repeatedly disconnected from their customer service "hold" line without ever getting to speak to anyone.
Anybody got any ideas or guidance?

·
Registered
82 Posts
It can be hard. I was handed down my great grand father's FN 1910... I found a forum that had alot of info on it, and the SN range put it around 1930, which means it couldn't have been my great grand father's as he served in WW I. I emailed FN (that's how everyone else found out about their guns) and FN never wrote back. I followed up few times too.

Best of luck to you! some places have blocks of SNs that will show you approximately when it was built.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have been more detailed in my description, sorry for the confusion.
My 1911 is a modern Springfield Armory full-size in stainless steel.
I found under the right grip a stamped date of 2003 but that is all I can tell about it; apparently Springfield doesn't put the model name on the gun. But as you can see it is not one of their basic GI models.
IMG_5252.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts