1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a Tirant 45 on a Springfield Armory Master Class Silent Operator from the cistom shop. The only malfunctions that I have experienced is suppressed. I installed an aac bushing the first malfunction is a faulure to extract the empty shell on the first round. The second nalfunction is the occasional stovepipe. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this matter.

Attachments

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im going to try various ammo peior to testing some high quality magazines. I will also be reaching out to AAC and SA. I expected this particular host to run smoothly as it comes from the custom shop with a threaded barrel and advertised as the silent operator.

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A bushing replaces the Piston system in an AAC silencer the bushing system is typical for 1911 host operation a piston is something like a shock absorber that works with a floating Barrel a bushing works with a burrow that locks up like a 1911

·
Banned
65 Posts
The can is too heavy. It's not letting the barrel tilt and unlock from the slide soon enough. All cans on the browning tiltlock barrel type of guns either have to be held under 5 ozs of weight (ie, not very quiet) or you have to have a recoil booster in the can, which beats the hell out of your slide and barrel.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Flat bottom firing pin stop and check the extractor tension.

·
Banned
65 Posts
There's a way to make such a .45 sound about half as loud and cycle normally. All .45 cans either have to employ wipes, or they'll be loud. That half inch hole thru the baffles just lets out too much of those noisy gases.

·
Registered
712 Posts
The Tirant's LID/Nielsen device piston is clearly installed in the picture you posted, so unless you took the spring out and/or installed the spacer, lack of a Nielsen booster is not your issue. My bet is the issue is with the gun. You've got more back-pressure with the can on, so that speeds things up. You may be over-driving your slide. The cheapest thing to try is swapping your old bushing back in, followed by a stiffer recoil spring.

Bonafides:

The Tirant is hearing safe and pretty quiet, even wipeless and dry. Excellent can choice, Whitehawk.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The can is too heavy. It's not letting the barrel tilt and unlock from the slide soon enough. All cans on the browning tiltlock barrel type of guns either have to be held under 5 ozs of weight (ie, not very quiet) or you have to have a recoil booster in the can, which beats the hell out of your slide and barrel.

Unless my old eyes are playing tricks on me, I have to agree with this. It looks like the suppressor is bowing down slightly to me as it seems off axis slightly with the barrel of the gun. Is so, the above makes perfect sense to me.

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I now understand where I went wrong, I removed the spring from the Nielson booster and installed an AAC bushing for a fixed barrel system, I mis understood the requirements for the 1911 platform. Shown below is what I installed on the Tirant 45. I am going to drop in the original spring and see how she runs.
ROVED* FIXED BARREL SPACER FITS ALL TI-RANT 45/45M SERIES
Ti-RANT 45 spacer

AAC’s A.S.A.P system allows the silencer to function properly with tilting barrel semi-automatic pistols. However, when used on fixed barrels hosts, the A.S.A.P system needs to be disengaged for proper function. The fixed barrel spacer replaces the driving spring to render the A.S.A.P System appropriate for use on fixed barrel hosts. The new and improved fixed barrel spacer is designed for all Ti-RANT 45 series silencers. When installed properly NO gap between the silencer body and the rear cap. Different from the prior design which purposely left a gap for visual identification.

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It runs great again, just burned through 50 rounds of the same ammo no jams, no malfunctions. Its like butter now, it runs exactly how I expected this 1911 to perform. Thank you all who participated in this thread and helped me get it right..

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Tirant's LID/Nielsen device piston is clearly installed in the picture you posted, so unless you took the spring out and/or installed the spacer, lack of a Nielsen booster is not your issue. My bet is the issue is with the gun. You've got more back-pressure with the can on, so that speeds things up. You may be over-driving your slide. The cheapest thing to try is swapping your old bushing back in, followed by a stiffer recoil spring.

Bonafides:

The Tirant is hearing safe and pretty quiet, even wipeless and dry. Excellent can choice, Whitehawk.
Thanks you were spot on, I had installed a bushing where the piston spring should have been.

·
Banned
65 Posts
I dont call a can "quiet" just because I dont (supposedly) need hearing protection. If the gun is using a subsonic load and I can still hear it at 200m, on a cold quiet night, over flat, open terrain, it AINT quiet. and such is the case with .45 cans. Quiet is like a proper .22lr can. You can hear the firing pin hit the cartridge and hear the bullet clip thru a paper target at 50m, provide that the breech is held shut. all kinds of things are way too loud to be considered discrete, but dont require hearing protection (for short term exposure)

I once demoed a canned Ruger .22 to a buddy, letting the bolt cycle normally, in a closet, at my gf's house, firing down into a sandbag, and she was washing dishes in the next room She'd have had a cow if she'd detected it, but she didn't and I knew (obviously) that she would not.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Thanks you were spot on, I had installed a bushing where the piston spring should have been.
Really glad it worked out for you. Combine the fixed barrel spacer with a different piston, and you can use the Tirant on guns like the Beretta 92 and the 9mm AR.

I dont call a can "quiet" just because I dont (supposedly) need hearing protection. If the gun is using a subsonic load and I can still hear it at 200m, on a cold quiet night, over flat, open terrain, it AINT quiet. and such is the case with .45 cans. Quiet is like a proper .22lr can. You can hear the firing pin hit the cartridge and hear the bullet clip thru a paper target at 50m, provide that the breech is held shut. all kinds of things are way too loud to be considered discrete, but dont require hearing protection (for short term exposure)

I once demoed a canned Ruger .22 to a buddy, letting the bolt cycle normally, in a closet, at my gf's house, firing down into a sandbag, and she was washing dishes in the next room She'd have had a cow if she'd detected it, but she didn't and I knew (obviously) that she would not.
How quiet you need it to be? You in the Mossad or something? And why are you discharging a firearm in your girlfriend's closet? You sound like a real catch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts