1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Double Secret Banned
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife used to go shooting 6-10 times per year. She has always been an accurate shot! IN an attempt to interest her to go out more often I converted one of my old match pistols to fit her hand better (she is 5'3").

My practical thinking: She should focus on her Glock 19 (her self defense pistol) since she doesn't shoot very often.

My selfish thinking: I'd like this one back. I won my very first steel plate and bowling pin matches with this pistol. It has sentimental value. Plus, I don't think SA even makes a polished blue 1911 anymore (this one is from the early 1990s). It has STI ignition parts, a King's match bushing and rear sight, and a few other upgrades.

Perhaps a Colt Competition 9mm would suit her better? I could plop one of those in front of her and suggest a trade?

Trying to not be a douche bag....

·
Double Secret Banned
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not gonna go to court over it :D And the 19 really does work for her.

More info: She has shot it maybe 3 times since I swapped out the trigger, grips and mainspring housing - 6 years ago. (I still sneak it out a couple times per year)

·
Sir Kip Esquire
11,515 Posts
And might as well point her towards one of our 'smiths,gonna have to trick one out to get yours back!!!
Girls don't fall for stuff like we do-

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Check out her interest in an AR or something else.......Just to get her thinking or something besides a 1911.

I don't have that problem here as she just shoots what i have and the only thing she have laid claim to is my old Remington Pump .22.

Good luck getting your gun back.....Maybe just ask her if her really likes it. She might just want some good ammo for the Block

Karsten

·
TANSTAAFL
Back on the Beretta Bus
1,795 Posts
You gave it to her and she knows how to use it. I'd suggest paying heed to the wise words of Smokin' Joe, especially around the 3:15 mark...:

·
Deo Volente
7,892 Posts
My wife used to go shooting 6-10 times per year. She has always been an accurate shot! IN an attempt to interest her to go out more often I converted one of my old match pistols to fit her hand better (she is 5'3").

My practical thinking: She should focus on her Glock 19 (her self defense pistol) since she doesn't shoot very often.

My selfish thinking: I'd like this one back. I won my very first steel plate and bowling pin matches with this pistol. It has sentimental value. Plus, I don't think SA even makes a polished blue 1911 anymore (this one is from the early 1990s). It has STI ignition parts, a King's match bushing and rear sight, and a few other upgrades.

Perhaps a Colt Competition 9mm would suit her better? I could plop one of those in front of her and suggest a trade?

Trying to not be a douche bag....
I would personally kiss that pistol goodbye.:eek: You can always get something else! :grin:

If the deal on the Colt Competition 9mm #O1982CCS falls trough, I will PM you. $749.00

Reactions: Kip

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Be honest with her. Honesty is always the best route. Tell her a .45 is a man's caliber and it will hurt her. HAHAHAHA!

I tell my wife all the time when I get home from work....."the man gun is back in the house". Lol

·
Never Forget
9,390 Posts
Be honest with her. Honesty is always the best route. Tell her a .45 is a man's caliber and it will hurt her. HAHAHAHA!

I tell my wife all the time when I get home from work....."the man gun is back in the house". Lol
You will need the link I provided in my post above. Just bring the CCH and Baer to my house and I will let you stay in the building out back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't see the issue. It's just a gun and she is your wife. Try putting her happiness first. If she likes your gun, let her have it. It's not leaving the family...

Good luck

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 54 Posts