1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,688 Posts
Howa is an under appreciated rifle, an improved 700 Rem.
We have a couple in 6.5 CM, chassis guns.
They are tack drivers, equaling our Tikkas.
They are not as refined as the Tikkas, but they are shooters.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Japanese manufacturing has always been ahead of the pack and it shows within many industries. The slop, runout, and poor chambers that are common on Remington rifles is non existent on Howa’s.

They make a great rifle at an unbelievable price. Dan Wesson’s of bolt guns imo. But only cheaper than EVERYONE else, not just their competition.

·
Grip Maker and FFL Dealer
735 Posts
Quality is so good, they sell the Howa 1500 action to Weatherby for their Vanguard line.

I just wished they would have went with a standard magazine well and magazine instead of their proprietary mag. Would be better if you could use an AR mag.

·
Enabler
3,420 Posts
We have the 1500 tactical in 308 in the shop. It seems like a very nice rifle for the money.

·
Banned
2,688 Posts
The Trijicon in photo was replaced with a Steiner, 5-25 FFP, MIL/MIL scope.

Reactions: KS95B40

·
Registered
173 Posts
Had a 1500 in .243, nice rifle, every bit as nice as the Remington 700 I had at the time. Not sure, but I THINK you can get it in a standard short action if you're willing to give up the detachable mags. I was thinking of building a budget "precision" rifle around one of those actions, but ended up going with a Savage because it was too good a deal to pass up. Later.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts