1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Found my way here reading Buyer's guide for all you 1911 addicts. Live a tad north of Austin. Have been collecting, buying & selling firearms for about 35 years. Have a few long guns, but am more of a handgun guy. Have a few revolvers, but mostly semi-autos. Lately have had a bug for 1911s. Been an NRA member for most of that 35 year period, and a life member for maybe the last 25 years. Army veteran 72-75.

Anyway, Hello and glad to be here.

Tuckerdog1reding

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Howdy from Houston. Since you’re a Texan and close to Georgetown you could check out STI’s. Double stack 1911’s and a great company to deal with that produces awesome firearms. I have more than a couple.
Hi Descartian,
You have helped me with advice on another forum. I live bicycle distance from STI. Been there a few times for help. They are fantastic people to deal with. I'm more of a 1911 fan vs the 2011s. I have 3 STI 1911s, and love 'em.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Glad I could have been some help. I think you’ll find this forum a lot easier to navigate, a lot more traffic, more open minded guys/gals (usually) and the classified section can be dangerous to your wallet.

Seeing that STI is out of the traditional 1911 game cherish the ones you have and hopefully we can steer you towards your next purchase.

As always if there’s anything firearm info related I can help you out with feel free to reach out to me.

Steve Byrd

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Welcome Brother,
From Baytown, Texas!!!

You'll love it here but a word of "CAUTION". Watch your wallet & life savings closely!!! These great Addicts have ways of "sneaking" into them.

Have fun on the forum bud and don't be afraid to talk or ask questions. These are some of the greatest people on any forum anywhere and nearly all will go out of their way to help you!

Enjoy & have fun.

BCD 45 - Jim D.

Daytime Cloud Cumulus Summer Sign
Body of water Nature Vegetation Natural landscape Natural environment
Cingulata Brown Armadillo Organism Adaptation

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.