close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Howdy, from Cleveland!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TSiWRX, Aug 22, 2011.

1. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Allen - I'm from Quack and knedrgr's back-yard of Cleveland, Ohio. :awesome: I first met both of these guys from our love of Subarus, via the Lake Erie Regional Subaru Owners Club (LERSOC).

Actually, Quack's the one that got me started in all of this...his old XDm9 is now my class/range gun: she's got about 12,000 rounds through her, accumulated between now and late November of last year, when I bought it from him. The XDm runs like a champ, and has carried me through now some half-dozen single-day classes with high round counts (some of which were under rather harsh weather conditions).

I'm here because I've got a real fetish :51_002: for single-stack 1911-.45s, and as many of you probably know, Quack is the ultimate "pusher." :help: When I bought his 870 off him this past spring, he'd brought out nearly his entire collection of high-end 1911s...ostensibly for the benefit of another gun-friend of his, who was looking to get in on high-end 1911s, but he'd also been kind enough (or is that evil enough? :smokin:) to lay them out for me to shoot, too. If memory serves, I got to shoot his TGO-1, Professional, STI, DW Guardian, SACS 9mm and even the infamous "Quackified Glock." So ever since that day, I've been inching closer and closer, getting ready to tip over that line.

So, I'm here to learn, and I hope to be a good member of this community. :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Welcome,....you seem to fit the profile of a 1911 addict!

3. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
  4. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    There's no help for you Allen...you're helpless. You must come over to the dark side.

5. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    ^ :p N3V4R (at least not for a few more days, weeks, months..... :lol:)

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. :)

6. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Does your wife know that you are over here? :lol:

I think he's spoiled, I let him shoot the TGO-1, Professional, SACS TRP, SACS 9mm, Kobra Carry, STI Edge, Guardian and previously the EMP.

BTW everyone, when you see a post by Allen, get ready for a long read :rofl2:

7. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Er....wife? what wife?

Oh, wait <ducks>. :lol:

No, she doesn't, as a matter of fact! :moneygrubber:

You've *_completely_* ruined me.

Which one did I like best, out of the full-sized models? I think it was the SACS TRP, right?

Hey, I resemble that!

8. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    you liked the Springfield Professional the best :)

9. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Welcome to the addiction.

10. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Welcome :wave:

11. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    The mistake by the lake? How's the Drew Carey statue holding up? :grin:

I spent a week there once, training on a piece of equipment. I did find time to hit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, and a restaurant or two!

12. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Ah, that's it. :)

13. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    Maybe you should try to sell some airsoft guns over here to fund a 1911 :biggrin:

14. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Hey Allen. Good to see you here. Your grin was most excellent after shooting the 870 that day. :thumb:

15. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Dude, the lake ain't got nuthin' on the pristine Cuyahoga River.

[​IMG]

16. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    What you have in those 1911 airsoft guns, you can get a nice semi-custom REAL 1911. :lol:

17. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    ^ Like this one........

^ I'd have to sell all of them.... :lol::lol: No resale value, in airsoft!

Besides, they're just too much fun. :) I'm still waiting for the airsoft XDm to come out. I'm gonna completely rock the house, when I get my hands on that puppy.

----

^ I'm good with faces, but embarrassingly bad with names (my daughter, on the other hand, never forgets a name) :redface: I want to say Brian, but I'm not sure...I apologize!

Yes, I went home with a sore shoulder that day, but I've since learned how to properly handle her. Now I just have to get in some classes where I actually get to run her. :twisted: If Don hasn't told you, yet, I've recently declared an everlasting love-affair with the shotgun.

Wow, your photo-taking talent is even better than Quack's! That's the prettiest I've ever seen, of the Cuyahoga!

18. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    you met Paul (Hokie1911) when you bought my 870.

19. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

That was taken with my iPhone4 while walking from my parking lot to work a few weeks ago.

Paul

20. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Ooh ahh, a cesspool...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted