1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a pretty olde 1911 shooter, I started with a Clark on the Second Army pistol team at Ft. Jackson, SC in 1960 and continued shooting bullseye until I finally gave in to the shake a few years ago. Now I just shoot for joy. My last bullseye 1911 was built by Mike Curtis around 1994 and is still an under 1.5"/50yds gun. I still have my STI Lawman 4.0 Commander and an RIA Target that has been well worked over. My favorite 1911 was a 1971 Commander that I bought new from F. Bob Chow when I was a Mercedes mechanic in San Francisco and had him do a full accuracy job to it, including low set adjustable sights. He thought I was nuts but when he finished it he said he was going to build one for himself. Just accidentally stumbled into this forum from a reference on the Smith & Wesson collectors forum where I hang out. I'll post some photo's when I have permission.

Stu

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Long time great ride, I worked mechanical on some real nice Gull wings. Restorations.
I never could get involved in restoration work as my shop wasn’t big enough, but we worked on about a dozen around the Denver area. I always preferred the Cabrio’s to drive.
I did do a total restore on a 1971 600. That was fun and a large learning experience.

Stu

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Time for show and tell I guess. My Curtis in it's current clothing and the Lawman 4.0 the day I picked it up and sighted it in along with the RIA target when it was wearing a NightHawk/Marvel .22 conversion. Yeah, I'm a slight junkie. More to come.

Stu

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.