close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hoyt Carbon Element!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ajstrider, Sep 23, 2011.

1. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I am also an avid bowhunter and I ordered a Hoyt Carbon Element in all black and it came in last night. Tonight I will mount all my accessories on it and post some pictures, it is one sweet looking bow!

2. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Congrats on the bow. Shoot Mathews. Have a DXT and LOVE bowhunting.

3. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Well here she is

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2011 Hoyt Carbon Element black
    50-60# limbs, #3 Cam set at 29" and 60#
    BowIQ sight, 4 pin
    Whisker Biscuit
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunter arrows
    G5 Montec CS broadheads

4. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Also, if anyone is looking for archery accessories, I want to recommend Lancaster Archery Supply. I have ordered many, many times from them, all with excellent results.

5. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    VERY nice,......I shot one a few weeks back at a Shop. Simply an amazing bow!
    But, I'll stick with my Mathews Reezen

6. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    :thumb:

7. Airflyer

Airflyer New Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Sweet awesome bow, can't wait for season start next week

8. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    Nice. I used to be a Mathews guy. I have been shooting Black Ice the last few years and love it. Though I must admit I have been eyeing the Mathews Z7 Extreme.

9. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I am not a fanboy of any brandname, I try all the bows out when I go to purchase one. But the last bow I bought was the Hoyt Alphamax 32 and now the Hoyt Carbon Element. I think maybe I have just become used to the way Hoyt's feel and am liking them. Maybe this is the start of fanboyism, heh. It shoots so sweet.

10. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    A little update here in case anyone wonders. I am a bit of a tinkerer on my bow and have a ton of accessories that I like to buy and try and stuff. So after experimenting with all the things I have available to me, my final setup on this baby is this...

Hoyt Carbon Element black set at 60# and 29"
    Whisker biscuit Sure Shot (black aluminum, adjustable for elevation and windage to make for easier tuning)
    Whisper Peep with rubber tubing to ensure alignment every shot
    Archer Extreme Carbon Carnivore sight, I removed pins on this to get down to 3 pins, 20, 30, and 40 yd pins
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 250 arrows, Blazer vanes at right helical on Bitz jig
    Debating on Rage 2 Blade or G5 Montec CS broadheads (I usually use G5 Montecs but am wanting to try and drop a turkey this year or next, and Rage's are much better for that,
    and plenty of people use them on deer, I just haven't ever used mechanicals on deer and am a bit nervous)
    I have no stabilizer on this bow as it seems to balance great already, and is pretty quiet, not the quietest I have ever seen, that belongs to Bowtechs Center Pivot bows, those are deadly quiet

11. Bender

Aug 15, 2011
    Not a fan of Rage,......I love Muzzy M3 broadheads

12. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    People either hate or love the Rages. The wide cut on them make them perfect for turkey hunting though. And I would like to try to use one broadhead for deer and turkey, that way no matter what i see out there, I am ready for it. I will post results of the Rages performance if something makes the mistake of stepping out in front of me.

13. Bender

Aug 15, 2011
    A few friends use them,........they love them.

14. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    Grim Reapers for me. Fly like darts and they do what they say. Lost one deer to a bad hit, but the rest 14 I have seen fall. Farthest any of them went on a braodside shot 50 yds. Two fell in there tracks and I didn't hit the spine.

15. Bender

Aug 15, 2011
    I think I still have a few sets of Reapers

16. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    I dig the Slick Tricks. Tried several broadheads a few years ago and they hit EXACTLY where my field points did. They also leave a really nice hole in deer .

17. limbkiller

Aug 18, 2011
    Old saying any gun good shootem good. Same with a quality broadhead. I chose these as the guys in FL shoot hogs with them. Several buddies down there have killed 2 with one shot. You know how they come in bunched up.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  18. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    That's one of my dream bows!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted