Hunkering Down....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by River Rat, Jan 19, 2019.

1. River Rat

River Rat Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2017
    Two feet of snow, wind and drifting, sub zero wind chills tonight and tomorrow here in Upstate NY. Snow blower is ready to go, fire in the fireplace, wife's baking goodies. All's good!

BBP, Babboonbobo, gun_fan111 and 18 others like this.
  2. Guy Montag

Guy Montag Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014
    You got two feet already, I'm guessing you're near Lake Ontario?

They're calling for 1-2 feet here in Broome

wcanterbury and Sneaky One like this.

3. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    Makes me happy I'm in Western NC.
    Ohio Remember the 70s Blizzards
    every day, yards of Snow, white outs :eek:
    Moved to NC in 1978 glad we did.

Stay warm, stay safe I will be thinking warm
    thoughts 4 U while my NY wife will be wishing
    she was still in Western NY.

It was 55 degrees yesterday with a chance of
    1" of snow here Sunday night. That will do it for me :).

4. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Stay warm and be safe. It is hard to imagine that weather from where I am sitting. Low 60* last night high of 80 today. I have never experienced that kind of weather.

5. River Rat

Mar 4, 2017
    Just a dusting so far, two feet predicted when the storm from out West hits. Then the Lake Effect machine kicks in. Yup, NW of Syracuse in the Lake Effect snowbelt.

wcanterbury likes this.
  6. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    This is crazy lol.. I was just getting ready to make the identical same post until I seen the heading, was going to say the exact same thing. We are scheduled to get in to the upwards amount of 30" of snow in the next 48 hours. I live in the country and am going after about 20 gallons of gas, and then I believe we will have all the necessary emergency supplies we might need should we lose electricity. The thing is we are supposed to also get upto 50mph winds tomorrow which will wreak havoc in the flat lands, and I have no wind or weather block where we are. I am on satellite TV and internet and my phone service stinks out here, so if nobody sees, me or if anyone cares lol.. I might be hibernating for several days lol..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    cgff, FWoo45, 1L26 and 4 others like this.
  7. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Be warm, stay safe !

Steve Owens likes this.
  8. River Rat

Mar 4, 2017
    LOL what do they say about Great Minds???

9. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    They run in the same gutters....

FWoo45 and limbkiller like this.
  10. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    Drinking a cold one by the pool. I feel for you guys!

FWoo45 and cghelton like this.
  11. johnb62

johnb62 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2012
    Expecting 5" here in southern Indiana. Snowmegeddon if you listen to the local newscasters.

Jeff likes this.
  12. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Ikr. Just north of ya' here in Indy. These so called meteorologists need to get their money back.

johnb62 likes this.
  13. firecatwilson

firecatwilson Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    I'm headed to north central PA, coming from Minneapolis, MN. I'm 93k lbs, 13 ft wide and 14ft 7in tall... can't wait to drive past all the idiots in the ditch. In a big truck obviously, most people can't seem to drive their 2500 lb car in a line but somehow I get to where I'm going every time without a scratch.

FWoo45 and limbkiller like this.
  14. Chris O

Chris O Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2017
    12-18 inches of snow coming to Boston tomorrow followed by a decent amount of rain to be sure its nice and heavy and you get your work out in. ...
    Monday predicted to be high of 9 degrees F low of 2 degrees F, To freeze it all up good. Going to bed early tonight... Oiy!!

15. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    Geez, two feet of snow, sub zero wind chills, Thankful I'm further south. NW Ark. we have 1" snow, 23 degrees now, suppose to be 16 tomorrow morning. Fireplace going, plenty of firewood, cat and dog sleeping on the sofa, wife busy in her sewing room, I'm in the lazy boy watching a movie, sipping a D. Coke, going nowhere outside tonight, life is good. Hope all goes well for you fellows up north in blizzard country.
    cold day - warm fire.jpg

1L26, Scaramouche, cghelton and 2 others like this.
  16. firecatwilson

firecatwilson Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    You guys need to man up, -9 here and dropping. Northern MN (about 2 hrs north of me) has a windchill advisory, 30-40 below 0. Nice and comfy!

For those of you that have never experienced that kind of cold, your mustache or beard suddenly become an ice block from the moisture in your breath. Your lips and chin start to freeze, slowing your speech. Makes everyone sound like a drunk sailor, unless you are already drunk, which most of us are up here!!! And your pee will literally freeze within seconds of it touching the ground.

FWoo45 likes this.
  17. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Same here in nw Ohio
    Cars already drifted in! My son had to take my truck to get back home to Toledo.

18. purple bikerr

purple bikerr Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2016
    Sounds like you guys need to grab the .410 and get after some bunnies! We had 8" of snow yesterday. I was busy with honey-doo's today but, tomorrow is bunny huntin'.

19. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Aaahhhgggg!!!
    I’ve got about four feet of snow in my driveway (an inch in the fields) both cars are snowed in and my snowblower is tied up tighter than a drum! Moving all that snow by hand sucks!

20. David R

David R Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2018
    [​IMG]

This was yesterday

[​IMG]

Today.

Fire pit is almost two feet tall.

North side of western NY

David

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted