Hurricane Michael

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ronwiz, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Ronwiz

Ronwiz Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    Just want to let any addicts that were hit hard from Hurricane Michael that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you and family members are safe.

xerts1191, Jersey James, WWB and 10 others like this.
  2. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    Agreed. Prayers that all is well..

3. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    @Ronwiz brings up a great post for us all not to forget about not only the Addicts in the area but ALL people who were negatively impacted by Hurricane Michael.

From the pictures I have seen it's looks like a nuclear blast went off in Panama City Beach/Mexico Beach area. Literally structures wiped off the map, a LOT of structures.These poor folks have years of healing and rebuilding after this storm. I can't imagine the nightmare and heartache they are going through.

I make a point of this as we (many of us) reading this post will likely never have to face this situation. We are all members of this forum because we adore a material object. Imagine, if you will you came back to where your home used to be and there was nothing but concrete, dirt and roadway left behind. All your worldly possessions gone. It's at that immediate moment you realize what is REALLY important, and it ain't material objects. It's faith, family, friends and your pets (yes, I said pets).

Look around and be appreciative of what you have. There are some Americans right now that have nothing this morning.

4. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    We are still recovering from Florence and got another little “kiss” from Michael yesterday
    I can throughly appreciate what the people of the Gulf Coast are
    Suffering through and my prayers go out to them .

5. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    DITTO!
    I wonder if anyone has tried let's say 3 MOABs inside the eye when one of these Monsters was still out from land. What would it hurt to try? May just tear it apart. Who knows?

6. danc1996

danc1996 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2016
    Amen brother! Well put.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

xerts1191 and ImperialBlade like this.
  7. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I just hope everyone stays safe, so grateful that my mother moved back to Ohio as she would have been hit with this one (lived just off of the panhandle) if she still lived in Florida. Be as safe as you can and I wish the best for all affected.

8. griffonsec

griffonsec Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    45 miles NW of PCB here, and am amazed at the devastation just down the road. Also nice to see how the locals have banded together to get everyone help there. Those of us in Freeport, Defuniak, Niceville, Destin, FWB getting aid to those areas best we can. Fuel is still limited in outlying areas and we're starting to see tourists come back in.

It'll be a while before PCB and affected areas are back up and running...

ImperialBlade likes this.
  9. Mike Meints

Mike Meints Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2017
    I was visiting 2 of my daughters in Freeport when the hurricane hit . I was supposed to go visit a 3rd daughter in Lynn Haven ( north outskirts of Panama City ). No luck .No access on Thursday , plus a curfew . I came home .
    Luckily , everyone is ok and had no or minor damage to their homes . Utilities have been restored in Freeport but not Lynn Haven and most of PC .
    It's a mess !

Scaramouche and ImperialBlade like this.
  10. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    I understand that the resident areas hardest hit are mostly middle and low income. I hate to think that there are probably many that could not afford insurance for this type of loss. Just heartbreaking to think of the loss and no way to rebuild. And if they worked in the area dependent on tourism trade, that will be a long road to hoe. May the good Lord and helping hands be abundant for them.

ImperialBlade likes this.
  11. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Prayers for those devastated by the storm. Prayers for those helping to restore services. Prayers for those who will rebuild.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted