1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The slide serrations don’t seem to be much different - the factory grip angle seems to let you lock out your wrist more easily, so I’m calling it traditional marketing 101!
Sure it’s marketing, but the grip angle is definitely different.

It’s no different than what Sig, CZ and many other companies do. New variants with slight differences for more sales.

The Alien just happens to be super cool is all.

· Registered
533 Posts
That spokesman had some great muzzle discipline. Clearly not a graduate of the Alec Baldwin School of Gun Safety.

New grip angle is cool, and it's technologically a very cool gun, but I've always thought it's one of the ugliest guns out there.

· Registered
266 Posts
Sure it’s marketing, but the grip angle is definitely different.

It’s no different than what Sig, CZ and many other companies do. New variants with slight differences for more sales.

The Alien just happens to be super cool is all.
Yes - TS2, racing green, something grey etc - release a slightly better version each year. Car manufacturers do the same where they release the crap version year 1 and go up from there.

· Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe but it will be interesting to see where it all lands in the years to come. I just don’t see many shooters gravitating to shoot them. It’s an innovative design but it doesn’t seem to catching on even with shooters when pricing isn’t a concern.
The problem is it’s hard to compete against top 2011’s in Limited or Open. The top divisions are dominated by 2011’s. It’s hard to change platforms when the 2011 has been around 30+ years.

· Registered
2,483 Posts
The problem is it’s hard to compete against top 2011’s in Limited or Open. The top divisions are dominated by 2011’s. It’s hard to change platforms when the 2011 has been around 30+ years.
can’t argue with 2011 dominating from what I see. Talking with local shooters though it’s that the slide gets very hot after shooting it. Also they say it offers no performance advantages to the 2011. It’s one of those guns that’s on my list but I struggle with getting because I don’t know how often i will want to take it to the range.

· Premium Member
201 Posts
I shoot mine quite a bit rapid fire and never experienced that kind of heat
I was at my gun club earlier today when we were conducting business on the Prodigy. They’re hosting the Panamerican extreme open and Laugo arms had a demo. I got to shoot all the variations and absolutely loved the creator model. It had a 1911 classic grip angle and the different backstraps and grip inserts were just awesome. I was told they will be selling direct and skipping the distributor lancer systems.
Font Asphalt Road surface Wood Bumper

Automotive tire Wood Road surface Asphalt Automotive exterior

Road surface Wood Asphalt Automotive tire Bumper

Sky Cloud Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel

· Registered
2,483 Posts
The more I think about this one. The more I feel like I will give it a go. I have 4 2011s with a 5th on the way. This will be something different and I like the ability to change things on a gun. Three of my 2011s have the ability to change caliber and my other can change from an optic gun, to an open gun to an iron sighted gun in minutes. It’s something I like to tinker with.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts