1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I would be terrible at marketing because I can't see the appeal of the AMERICAN HANDGUNNER billboard on the side of this otherwise beautiful pistol.

From what I can tell, large and non-traditional slide markings are not in fashion with 1911 fans these days, so I can only surmise this is targeted at the rest of the public who just see it as a unique collectible and have money to burn. Must be a large segment of those folks out there for this to be worth the effort ... either that or the conglomerate that owns American Handgunner paid LB a good amount of cash up front for this.

Gun Firearm Trigger Line Black

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
If I wanted a two tone with adjustable night sight in "protected position" I could probably put up with the advertising.

·
Registered
993 Posts
If you’re peddling billboard space to advertisers, why stop at one? He should make a Race Car Special with as many sponsor names as possible on it. Make that thing look like a NASCAR covered in stickers. It’d probably have more appeal than this one.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
If the slide was naked I’d like Baer but with the billboard Les is going to have to pay me to advertise American Handgunner.

I can’t believe there are enough fanboys to make it worthwhile but what do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Dremel jockey
4,644 Posts
Years ago AH did a 'fluff' piece on Baer.
If I recall correctly Les claimed to have over 70 employees.
Must have been counting the employees at the machine shop that produced his parts as well as the employees at UPS/FedEx that shipped his product.
LOL!

·
Dremel jockey
4,644 Posts
Here is a clue......
when AH does a feature article on a smith, look for paid advertising by that smiff over several following editions.

As always,
"Follow the money".

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Hideous. My neighbor, a dufous, has a “Guns and Ammo” special edition Ruger DA/SA 45acp. He insisted it was a collectible but just the standard model with cheap lettering. Perhaps this is for suckers with deeper pockets. It is however, a Baer, but the advertising diminishes it

·
Registered
39 Posts
If I remember correctly, LB made a “Shooting USA” model a few years ago with a large billboard marking. It was a complete blued model though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Years ago AH did a 'fluff' piece on Baer.
If I recall correctly Les claimed to have over 70 employees.
Must have been counting the employees at the machine shop that produced his parts as well as the employees at UPS/FedEx that shipped his product.
LOL!
There have also been some pretty wild claims about the number of work hours (e.g., 40 hours) that go in to each LB 1911. It would be interesting to know the actual build time.

·
Double Secret Banned
2,171 Posts
Here is a clue......
when AH does a feature article on a smith, look for paid advertising by that smiff over several following editions.

As always,
"Follow the money".
This is true for any magazine covering just about any interest.

Reactions: HooDoo Man
1 - 20 of 40 Posts