close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I finally got it

Discussion in '1911 Photo Gallery' started by mdThanatos, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mdThanatos

mdThanatos Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Well after months of reading and researching, not to mention fondling of various 1911's, I decided I wanted a Springfield Mil Spec. I couldn't get one locally so I scoured the internet searching and searching, losing auction after auction. I was in a bidding war on GB for a "N" serial numbered specimen and decided to start searching in case I lost the auction and found a "NM" serial numbered Mil Spec for $10 dollars more than what my max bid was so I ended my bidding war with the other gentleman and proceeded to purchase the "NM" pistol. I sent out my payment and awaited to hear back with confirmation of receipt and shipping of the pistol, this is where it gets interesting.

The pistol arrived in my city on Thursday of last week and was not delivered as there was no one home to sign for it, problem with using home FFL's sometimes. So I emailed Thursday night and no response. Called and emailed Friday, again no response. Saturday I again called and emailed, again unable to make contact. Sunday I didn't bother since the Post Office is closed on Sundays. Yesterday I had jury duty so I figured no sense in fretting over the pistol since I didn't know how long it would take me, but around 5 pm I get a message saying the pistol was ready to be picked up! Fantastic! I get it home and strip it down, I had read about how to disassemble but I forgot to pay attention when it came to reassembly so the slide release was a little difficult to get back in, BUT I didn't leave a mark on the gun so I am pleased with that. For that I must thank who ever said guitar picks work well for reinstalling said part, they sure do.

Anyway here she is:

1911_1.jpg 1911_2.jpg

Best part is, it came with a Loaded Coupon so now I have to decide what I want to spend my money on with that, was thinking of the magazines.

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011

3. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
    Looks great md. Glad you finally got it. Congrats

4. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Guitar picks are handy what can I say!

5. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Congrats man! Looks nice. I want to pick up a park Mil-Spec someday.

6. zaskar017

zaskar017 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
  7. Dumbell2

Dumbell2 Member

Sep 7, 2011
    National Match Mil Spec!

Very Nice!

8. 230gr

230gr Member

Aug 23, 2011
    you're joking, right? National Match?

9. hogrider05

hogrider05 Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Congrats. My mil spec with a few mods is by far my favorite. The coupon has some pretty good deals.
    The mags are great for range use. If you like owb holsters, its a decent holster. The mag pouch is also nice.
    If you want to see the holster and mag pouch, I can post a pic for you.

Skip

10. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Good looking gun!

11. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
  12. mdThanatos

mdThanatos Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Hogrider, would you be kind enough to post a pic of the holster, or pm it to me?I just gotta wait for Saturday to come to try and test it out.

13. hogrider05

hogrider05 Member

Sep 12, 2011
    No problem, here you go.

[​IMG]

14. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    Looks nice

Congrats! :cool:

15. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks great! I love the classic lines of those guns. I've been thinking about picking one up at some point. :thumb:

Andy

16. Craig19

Craig19 Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Congrats, looks good.

17. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2011
    Very nice, good choice!

18. mdThanatos

mdThanatos Member

Sep 7, 2011
    One more day until the weekend and then I might be able to go test it out.

19. grainfed

grainfed Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Nice purchase , MD. I bought one several months ago and can't quit adding goodies. The best aftermarket item was the EGW bushing and recoil cap. The accuracy improved immediately. EGW trigger kit and a S&A MSH with Wolff 23# spring. You'll really like that SA, I do............oh, and the dreaded "flat trigger"...........
    [​IMG]

tw

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  20. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    I have one of those. Mine is stainless, and it's a keeper!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted