I had wanted an FN 5.7 until...

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by BigDeeeeeeee, Feb 21, 2012.

1. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011

2. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
  3. EdS

EdS Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Sadly... his handloads are probably going to preclude him from getting anything from the company. It will be chocked up to a bad hand load.

4. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    I tend to agree....

Scary regardless when a gun gets blow'd up. :eek:

5. Mt Airy

Mt Airy New Member

Feb 10, 2012
    I will stay way from that pistol for sure.

6. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    I've seen more pictures of 5.7's blown up than any other gun that I can recall, even the Bryco/Jennings 9mm.

7. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    That round looks to have fired before it even went into battery. Would that be a fault of the gun? Either way, that had to be brutal, curious as to how this one plays out.

8. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Damn hate to see anyone get hurt like that, Hopeful all works out for the fella. Very interested to see the outcome also and will keep in mind when shooting my
    FN 5.7. That's the first time I've heard of any problems with that model, hopefully isolated incident. I have ran thousands of rounds thru mine and also thru an AR platform 5.7 without as much as a hiccup. "Knock on wood"

9. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Pro-One, for your safety, search google for "FN 5.7 blown up." There are A LOT of link's.

10. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Thanks for heads up, I checked out links and am seriously reevaluating keeping pistol.:der: Damn shame though, pistol has been issue free since acquisition,flat shooter,no recoil and accurate. None of which matters if there is a safety concern, one time is one too many.:frusty:

11. deadguy

deadguy Jack Welch Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    i kinda know what he went through..except the whole metal in his hands and the gun in 50 pieces thing. It ain't a good feeling

12. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Wow. omg! I've never been interested in this pistol. For me, they are too ugly to be that expensive. Hope that dude get's the use of his hand back.

13. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Wow... I have never personally seen anything like that happen to someone....
    Too scary....

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted