1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DISCLAIMER: Ok, first and foremost this is NOT a thread to complain about Dan Wessons in any way whatsoever, I love DW's! I'm posting this because it's a freak thing, and I find it funny!

So...i pulled my unfired 2019 build ECO 9mm out of the safe to admire it, and ask myself why I haven't shot it yet so that I can carry it?!?
Somehow (don't ask me how!?) as I was rotating the gun around I noticed that my grips were slightly different...

The top set in this picture are an older set of ECO stocks that I acquired along the way.
The bottom set are off of my new ECO. Notice that they are just slightly different design? The quickest way to tell is to look at the black stripe down the center.
Pattern Musical instrument accessory Beige Tan Hardwood

Now, I flip them over to find this....
Wood White Hardwood Grey Tan

So see - I have a super rare and valuable 1 of a kind ECO... who would like to offer me double MSRP for this baby?

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,440 Posts
DISCLAIMER: Ok, first and foremost this is NOT a thread to complain about Dan Wessons in any way whatsoever, I love DW's! I'm posting this because it's a freak thing, and I find it funny!

So...i pulled my unfired 2019 build ECO 9mm out of the safe to admire it, and ask myself why I haven't shot it yet so that I can carry it?!?
Somehow (don't ask me how!?) as I was rotating the gun around I noticed that my grips were slightly different...

The top set in this picture are an older set of ECO stocks that I acquired along the way.
The bottom set are off of my new ECO. Notice that they are just slightly different design? The quickest way to tell is to look at the black stripe down the center.
View attachment 402999

Now, I flip them over to find this....
View attachment 403001
So see - I have a super rare and valuable 1 of a kind ECO... who would like to offer me double MSRP for this baby?
Lmao, this is too funny, so now what you do is you contact DW and tell them you are unsure which set you like better so you would like another identical set only opposite grip panels so you can decide which ones you like best while they are mounted on the pistol.. lol, Hey it's worth a shot. Two sets of grips for the price of one. But, you know what happened the blank got put into the machine upside down lol.. I've seen these made and because of the layers if the wrong side is up the pattern and colors change direction as well lol.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Emerson purdy McCartney / Jackson grips ewe gots there. Ebony and Ivory . . . . .

Is the gun a too-tone also?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lmao, this is too funny, so now what you do is you contact DW and tell them you are unsure which set you like better so you would like another identical set only opposite grip panels so you can decide which ones you like best while they are mounted on the pistol.. lol, Hey it's worth a shot. Two sets of grips for the price of one. But, you know what happened the blank got put into the machine upside down lol.. I've seen these made and because of the layers if the wrong side is up the pattern and colors change direction as well lol.
Interesting, I actually was wondering how the heck it happened!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts