I have questions......

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by fatbaldguy, Oct 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy Cranky old curmudgeon

Jul 28, 2017
    However, this particular one is about Ed Brown 1911's. I tend to peruse the classifieds here, and check out Guns International, Gun Broker, etc. for a 1911 that might tickle my fancy.
    It is only occasionally that I see an Ed Brown for sale. Why is that? Are they that good? Are they that rare (as in not many built)?
    I read here people praising the 'Ed Brown Look' when it comes to stainless guns. I handled one a few years ago at Brownell's in Grinnell, Iowa and it felt really good in hand. The trigger was really something to take note of.
    Are Ed Brown customers satisfied that theirs is all that and a bag of chips?
    Educate this ignernt Hillbilly.

2. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    I think Brown is one of those brands that is either loved or hated by the people of the 1911. They have a strong following but not necessarily by the vocal and or tactical types like Wilson and some others. A Brown is more of a gentleman's 1911. I've owned a few and two I sold are in the somewhat regret category.

Many years ago when looking for a builder to do a gun for my father's retirement I decided on Brown due to a number of reasons. They delivered in every category.

1L26, Razer, JM44 and 2 others like this.

3. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Well, they do build less guns than say Wilson (far less) and I think many of us want at least a gun from each major semi-custom and they did sort of pioneer the bobtail and their stainless is far away the best of any 1911 maker in my opinion.

1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  4. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    Love my KC that I got from @cherokee2u as I sold the first one I had. I immediately regretted it but it was to buy my first Wilson Combat.

5. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I have a SA Pro, a Wilson CQB, a Gun Crafter model 3 and an Ed Brown as my higher end 1911s. All about the same age, the first three look like brand new, my Ed Brown is worn in all the usual carry and shooting spots on the gun. I guess I shoot the Ed Brown the most.

fatbaldguy likes this.
  6. psafety

psafety ex Rent-a-Engineer

Oct 11, 2018
    I was preparing to order a Brown and they were ceasing production of guns chambered in 38 Super, I really wanted a SS Kobra Carry. Then I located this new/old stock commander from a run of 38 supers Brown did with some snake treatment. It made one trip back for sight machining, it's the most accurate 1911 I own.
    ED RDS2.jpg

Old Rooster, Greg M. and fatbaldguy like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted