1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's very simple actually. Here they are . . . . . .

This . . . .

Line Parallel Rectangle Aluminium

. . . . . and this . . . . .

Line Rectangle Parallel Circle Steel

Okay, so I need to know how you guys adjust these pre-travel tabs on YOUR triggers without turning the trigger bow into a pretzel.

My needle nose pliers jaws are a little wider that that tiny tab. I can get just the tip in there but I don't have enough torque to do any good.

Sticking a flat piece of metal in there (micro screwdriver) and trying to beat those tabs downward make a 1911 trigger bow resemble a 2011 trigger bow. Any of my efforts to try to adjust those damn tabs just seems to upset the graceful and delicate geometry of the trigger bow turning what WAS a 4.5 LB trigger into a 12 lb. trigger that feels like you are dragging it across a gravel parking lot.

What say the Addicts cognoscenti? How do you adjust those damnable tabs . . . ?

Reactions: FWoo45 and boatdoc

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,465 Posts
It's not that they don't necessarily need them, they just don't have them.. If you want to adjust and set your own pretravel those tabs are a must. Or a variation of such.

Zoid sometimes those cut outs are not complete Stamped through. Run into that situation quite often if they don't move with a small screw driver etc.. then they are more than likely still attached somewhere their not supposed to be or don't appear to be.

·
Registered
652 Posts
It's not that they don't necessarily need them, they just don't have them.. If you want to adjust and set your own pretravel those tabs are a must. Or a variation of such.
True. I find the pre-travel those trigger provide (influenced some by the very slightly longer trigger bow) just right for me.

·
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Zoid sometimes those cut outs are not complete Stamped through. Run into that situation quite often if they don't move with a small screw driver etc.. then they are more than likely still attached somewhere their not supposed to be or don't appear to be.
I also find that the gauge (thickness) of the stainless steel most manufacturers use for straight in the trigger bows is counterintuitive to what makes for pliable pre-travel tabs. I think what I have been fighting is the fact that these tabs may not be fully cut through and through.

Time to break out the hallowed dremel tool . . .

·
14,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wait. There are many more ways to screw up a trigger still to be learned.
Give me time. I'm still a neophyte . . . .

My mentor, Forester Pumice, hasn't been around lately . . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.