I just want to say thanks to everybody here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BennyAdeline, Jan 6, 2019.

1. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    TMI time

I’ve been pretty sick as of late with some respiratory issues that won’t seem to go away. Between work and kids I don’t have a lot of time to relax and get better. Recreation time has been down to zero since any moment I do find, I rest in an attempt to feel better. I’ve always been blessed with good health, but this has done a number on me. It’s small potatoes compared to what a lot of people go through, and once I’m better all will be well. That’s not what this post is about. No pity or sympathy needed. If this is the worst thing I have to deal with...I’m winning.

My old gun forum has become all gloom and doom with tons of infighting. No fun.

My search for a new forum landed me here, and I’ve really been enjoying it a lot. With not being able to get to the range for my matches and training, you guys have filled the “gun buddies” role very well. It’s made this poor health time in my life a lot easier.

Everyone’s been generous, welcoming, and full of information and wisecracks. It’s been great to tune out for a few minutes every now and then and shoot the breeze with you guys.

That’s it really...thanks! Sometimes silly things like an Internet forum can make people feel good. I hope I can do the same for the awesome members and future members here.

2. Dave Jessee

Dave Jessee Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    This is a nice forum. No sniping here. Seems all of us have better things to do.

3. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    It's a good bunch here, a sort of respite from the rest of the on-line world. I hope you fell better and get some range time sooner than later ;)

4. ORShooter

ORShooter Just outsided the realm of Crazy!

Nov 28, 2018
    Hey brother, hope you get to feeling better soon! Like you, I've found a pretty good home here and have enjoyed it to the fullest in the short time since joining.:thumbs:

5. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    I'm glad this forum is what it is and that it helps bring a smile to people every now and then.
    I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    boatdoc, Babboonbobo, 1L26 and 4 others like this.
  6. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    Stopped in here 2 years ago and they haven't been able to get rid of me since lol ;) Glad to have you as part of the Best Damn Gun Forum on the Internet..

cgff, boatdoc, Babboonbobo and 4 others like this.
  7. 1L26

1L26 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Man, I hope you feel better soon! Yeah, this is a good place. No B.S. (for the most part) I do enjoy this place! Rest up and get well!

boatdoc, Babboonbobo and BennyAdeline like this.
  8. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Feel better soon! We really do care

PS: Steve I just saw your text and missed call, I’m very sorry and I hope you figured out what you needed to know. I’ll text you

boatdoc and BennyAdeline like this.
  9. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    This is a good forum, a nice balance of laughs, technical stuff and (I believe)genuine concern for members and their families.

BennyAdeline and Babboonbobo like this.
  10. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    Hope you feel better soon. Like most of us seeking information, advice and a collegial and truly friendly experience unlike 99% of most anything I have found on the internet as well as tremendously supportive "shopping" experiences to help fill my safes and partially satiate my hunger for shiny devices that go "boom".....I have manages to find a home here. I occasionally look at other sites, hoping for a similar experience....only to be disappointed. May we always stay the same as "attitude is everything".

boatdoc, ZoidMeister and BennyAdeline like this.
  11. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Good luck to you !! Hope everything works out well.

BennyAdeline likes this.
  12. Ingramite

Ingramite On The Lost Highway

Sep 16, 2018
    I hope you get feeling better soon.
    Being down is rough. Tie a knot and hang tough.

boatdoc and BennyAdeline like this.
  13. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    I hope you feel better soon. Know what you mean. My usually healthy wife, shooting-buddy, friend, better half has double pneumonia and the flu. Had to about drag in to Drs.
    This is a good forum. Most call it like they see it, and that's fine with me. Occasionally theres BS, not often. Self policed for the most part. Variety of sub-forums (?) so always something to check out. Pretty darn good bunch. Welcome and hope you feel better.

boatdoc, limbkiller and BennyAdeline like this.
  14. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    My best and well wishes for your wife. I’m on the double pneumonia train as well...no fun!

william adams and boatdoc like this.
  15. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Hope you’re feeling better, Benny. Rub some dirt on it, and walk it off brother!

Dwe, boatdoc and limbkiller like this.
  16. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Praying for a speedy recovery Benny.

17. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
  18. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    really bad,lingering resp+GI viruses this year. some saY warm winter is to blame. I blame those who do not stay home when sick and those who do not cover their mouths and noses. Some days I feel like Ray barone when he wa s infected in the airport... UGH

hope you feel better soon

UBOATDOC and BennyAdeline like this.
  19. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015

mine kept smoking through it all. came clos eto pneumonia. hope your mrs feels better soon. it takes time and a lot of rest

UBOATDOC, BennyAdeline and 41 Charlie like this.
  20. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Prayers for strength and healings my friend. Welcome to a great place to hang out.

UBOATDOC, BennyAdeline and 41 Charlie like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted