close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I love Wal-Mart...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by awpk03s, Sep 19, 2011.

1. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Went to my local Wal-Mart today at lunch, and what did I see in the sporting goods counter? Federal 225gr JSP 45 Colt ammo. $30/box of 50. Compare to $45-50 almost every single other place I've seen. Needless to say I scooped up a couple boxes.
    I probably have enough to tide me over until I buck up for some 45 LC dies and components and start rolling my own.

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    cool!!!! there's 45Colt up in my area too.

3. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    They said that they started carrying it, because they are now selling the 'Rossi Circuit Judge' rifle/shotgun/revolver thing and need to have shells for it. Whatever it takes, haha!

4. SteedGun

SteedGun New Member

Sep 19, 2011
    I have found their price on a box of WWB 45 ACP to be a very good value as well.

5. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Generally lots of .45 Colt at the N Olmsted Walmart by me.

6. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2011
    Ya, the N Olmsted wally always had WWB 45acp when I needed it. That is one of the nicer walmart's around here.

7. deadguy

deadguy Glen Campbell Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    have they gone back to handguns again?

8. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    I buy most of my 45acp and 9mm ammo at Walmart. I can't beat their prices anywhere.

9. EdMac87

EdMac87 Active Member

Sep 1, 2011
    If your in a pinch and really need the ammo I suppose Walmart has decent prices, but you can find anything online cheaper.

My local Walmarts rarely have $36 WWB .45acp and occasionally have the $18.97 Federal.

10. JeffD

JeffD New Member

Sep 12, 2011
    My local Walmart has the cheapest .45 ACP I've found so far for $31.97/100 rounds of WWB. Are there cheaper prices online for factory ammo???

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Walmart is not the best deal in my area. The WWB used to be $32, but went up about $5 a few months ago. It's also "hit or miss" regarding stock and you can't ever get anyone in the sports department on the phone or to even get ammo out of the case. I also pay 10% sales tax, so that prices them about the same as 250 American Eagle delivered to my door. I don't mind so much going in there to buy a box, even though it takes forever, it's what I do that and they're out of stock (50% of the time) that irks me..

Carry ammo is another story all together with on-line vendors being 1/3rd to 1/2 the local price.. Ron

12. EdMac87

EdMac87 Active Member

Sep 1, 2011
    That used to be the price in my area too but it went up at least $5. Now online is less a hassle and cheaper. AIM has 1k of Aguila for $299.

13. Spokes

Sep 18, 2011
    How is the Aquila. I saw the ad on Aim and was thinking about ordering some. Don't know anything about that brand.

14. EdMac87

EdMac87 Active Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Its just as dirty as WWB but I've noticed it to feel hotter than any other bulk FMJ I shoot. I've never had any unusual problems and have shot about 3k of various calibers.

15. Spokes

Sep 18, 2011
    Thanks for that information EdMac87...

16. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    In my experience, Wal Mart has fair prices on ammo, the problem comes in the fact they don't resupply very often.

17. Kazan

Kazan FUBAR

Sep 2, 2011
    One Walmart of course the one thats furthest away always has 100rd WWB .45 and 9mm, the close one is hit or miss

18. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Walmart has extremely good prices, sadly they will be going up again like most local shop's have. Wally puts their order in 1 yr in advance so next yr, they will be up with everyone else.

a bunch of people i know have ordered from ammotogo.com. Im not sure about their .45, but you can get 9mm to your door for 10.30 something a box when buying 500/1000. It's funny, until i started reloading i used to care if ammo was dirty or not LOL, now my Wilson is always filthy and gummed up because i feed so much lead through it, but at half the price it cant be beat.

19. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Not at the moment. It is being renovated and turning into a SuperWalmart. It is all blow'd up now and parking is a b!tch.

20. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2011
    That sucks, I haven't been there in awhile since reloading is the only way I can stay in the game.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted