1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always got my eye out for holsters and other gear that look like they'd work for me. I've wanted a simple OWB 1911 holster for general carry for a while but I wanted something with zero cant that rode a little lower than most of the pancake styles because of an old shoulder injury. The Rhodesian style holsters really looked like what I wanted but after buying a couple I found that they ride higher than was comfortable. I checked with a couple of holster makers about making one that rode lower but no go. I've continued to look and finally ran across the Simply Rugged 'Cattleman' holster. Looking at the pics on their site and others I could find on line it looked like the gun rode lower in the holster and the holster lower on the belt. I usually don't buy any exotic leathers but I'm impatient and Simply Rugged had one on their 'Gear to Go' page in black caiman. With their 20% winter discount I ended up paying only about $50 over the regular price to order a plain leather one and I received it today after less than a week's wait.

I have other SR holsters but this one clearly got some more attention than my 'Sourdough' pancake styles. It looks really nice, the stitching is well done, it fits a 5" 1911 perfectly, and, most importantly, it rides at just the right height for comfortable carry and draw. I wore it around for a few hours this afternoon and the only improvement I could think of would be to do something with the belt loop to pull the butt in a little tighter. If you guys are looking at Rhodesians but they're not working out for reasons like mine you might give Simply Rugged a chance.

The holster is posing with the new/old Wilson Delta.
20200127_153814.jpg

20200127_153802.jpg

·
Just me
263 Posts
I have about 4 Simply Rugged holsters mostly sourdoughs i really like them . Not bad prices either. Hows the retention on that design . Great looking combo you’ve got there.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have about 4 Simply Rugged holsters mostly sourdoughs i really like them . Not bad prices either. Hows the retention on that design . Great looking combo you’ve got there.
Retention is good, the fit is snug and the gun is deep in the holster and low on the belt so it isn't top heavy. I can't imagine the gun coming loose from it without being drawn. I think you an order them with a strap if you want to be extra sure.

Reactions: gps man

·
Double Secret Banned
2,138 Posts
Looks like you found your holster. When are you ordering the brown one? :D

Reactions: WC145
1 - 5 of 5 Posts