1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......so when I saw this on GB, I did the "ol" end around to save me the sales tax and reached out to the FFL directly and they were super easy to work with.

My previous C was steel sights w/no optic cut but I'm going to try and see how I like this green-dot on a better gun than my G43X (which wasn't all that bad)

The fact that I can run my Wilson mags was a huge part of the decision and I don't need to keep the Glock mags around anymore

Revolver Table Trigger Air gun Eyewear

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread Font

· Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How does the C feel compared to a compact 1911?
I'd say the two things that jump out at me is it feels thinner and lighter. I'm not sure either is really true (well lighter is) but we'll see.

I'm going to to do a triple face off with the Staccato C, Counselor and Wilson Combat Sentinel at some point and try and do a production quality YouTube video for a channel I want to start primarily dedicated to 1911 & 2011's

· Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love my c, in fact, I bought a backup c to go along with it. Carry mine every day
I could see that, several years ago Scottsdale Gun Club had a C as a rental and when I tried it -- I was shocked how easy and light it shot. So, I bought one and eventually it sat for two long and I sold it.

I've been wanting to have one dedicated optic gun and bought a G43X as it was priced right and had the 507 on it. However, the different magazines and being a double stack with a lousy trigger I never really shot it much

· Registered
Staccato P, Staccato C2, Dan Wesson Vigil 45, Dan Wesson ECO 9mm, Dan Wesson Vbob 45
450 Posts
I'm curious what the total sales volume on these was. Seems like a perfect carry gun. Lightweight, 9mm, officer length frame, semi bobtailed, light rail, optic capable (yeah, I'm talking myself into one). Not really much out there that's comparable, especially at the $1400 price point they were originally released at. I'm sure the increase drove sales down some. I could never find one and settled on a C2. I would consider selling my ECO for one though if it crossed my path.

· Premium Member
2,005 Posts
I'm curious what the total sales volume on these was. Seems like a perfect carry gun. Lightweight, 9mm, officer length frame, semi bobtailed, light rail, optic capable (yeah, I'm talking myself into one). Not really much out there that's comparable, especially at the $1400 price point they were originally released at. I'm sure the increase drove sales down some. I could never find one and settled on a C2. I would consider selling my ECO for one though if it crossed my path.

· Premium Member
WC sentinel, NH Thunder ranch, DW Valor , EB KC9,NH Counselor
4,327 Posts
I'd say the two things that jump out at me is it feels thinner and lighter. I'm not sure either is really true (well lighter is) but we'll see.

I'm going to to do a triple face off with the Staccato C, Counselor and Wilson Combat Sentinel at some point and try and do a production quality YouTube video for a channel I want to start primarily dedicated to 1911 & 2011's
I am interested to see your comparison as I have owned all three of these pistols as well. I sold my staccato C but it was a nice pistol for the money
Definitely liking the idea of a YouTube channel 👍

· Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems like a perfect carry gun. Lightweight, 9mm, officer length frame, semi bobtailed, light rail, optic capable (yeah, I'm talking myself into one).
They are pretty easy to carry and the trigger is great

Reactions: 45k and Chazroh

· Registered
11,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely liking the idea of a YouTube channel 👍
If I could find someone in Phoenix Scottsdale to film and edit it I'd be full bore on it. I've been on CNBC, radio shows and public speaking for 30 years so I can pull that off.

It would be 5 minutes behind the desk going over the gun, then 10 minutes of shooting impressions at Scottsdale Gun Club and then 5 minute wrap up.

Maybe get people like Ted Yost, Jason Burton and TC Cussin @TheCollector to be interviewed and also interview addicts on how they fell in love with the platform, etc

And see where it goes. My license plate says 1911fan and I can't tell you how often I get stopped by guys saying they are 1911 fans too, happened twice today

Rectangle Font Wood Electric blue Hardwood

· Registered
Staccato P, Staccato C2, Dan Wesson Vigil 45, Dan Wesson ECO 9mm, Dan Wesson Vbob 45
450 Posts
So you're saying you want to buy my ECO?

Not sure I can justify a C since I already have a C2. I'm sure the C carries better due to the slimmer grip, but since everything else is virtually the same, not sure how much of a difference there would be.

· Registered
450 Posts
The C is .56" shorter in the grip, but an ounce heavier.
Someone should tell that to staccato. But who knows how they actually measured each. Pictures have been deceiving also.

Staccato C - length 7.44 x Grip Width 1.07 x Height 5.5 – Width at Safeties 1.49
Staccato C2 - length 7.5 x Grip Width 1.3 x Height 4.94 – Width at Safeties 1.49

I have yet to encounter a situation where if I could conceal my ECO, I couldn't conceal the C2. If I didn't have either, I would probably pursue a C. I consider myself lucky enough to already have more than I need. As of now, I don't need C, I just want one. But that's not enough for me to justify it.

· Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Someone should tell that to staccato. But who knows how they actually measured each. Pictures have been deceiving also.

Staccato C - length 7.44 x Grip Width 1.07 x Height 5.5 – Width at Safeties 1.49
Staccato C2 - length 7.5 x Grip Width 1.3 x Height 4.94 – Width at Safeties 1.49

I have yet to encounter a situation where if I could conceal my ECO, I couldn't conceal the C2. If I didn't have either, I would probably pursue a C. I consider myself lucky enough to already have more than I need. As of now, I don't need C, I just want one. But that's not enough for me to justify it.
Those heights are backwards.

· Registered
450 Posts
Those heights are backwards.

They were pulled from this thread

· Premium Member
2,005 Posts
They were pulled from this thread
The link I posted is the corrected data on Handgun Hero. Pictures in your link clearly show that the C is shorter. It's the same size as a compact 1911. A Wilson CQB Compact is 5.1" tall according to Wilson.

· Registered
450 Posts
Yes and after having time to read the entire thread after jumping back and forth from this one, I can see where they were originally listed incorrectly staccato, then handgun hero as a result. The pictures in that thread listed by handgun hero show the C as being bigger, based on the incorrect dimensions provided by staccato. Not sure what a Wilson compact has to do with it? Either way I still can't justify to myself to buy a C. Doesnt mean there's anything wrong with them. I just don't buy stuff to buy it.

· Registered
57 Posts
My Staccato C is my favorite pistol by far! It's a tack driver and ultra reliable. It's an easy choice as my edc, it carries like a dream. It's a shame they were discontinued.

ETA: I also have a Holosun 407K green dot on mine that I really enjoy. Only other mod is an Atlas short trigger which made a huge difference for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts