1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope im posting in the right section.
I just bought a '67 Colt Commander and somewhere along the way the original ring hammer was replaced with a spur hammer. If anyone has a lead for an oem or era correct ss ring hammer I'd sure appreciate it.. Thanks to All!!..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I also have a Commander with GI wide spur hammer installed for Condition 2 carry. Unfortunately the original burr hammer is on a friend's sporterized Remington Rand and I doubt he will trade.

You will also need a Commander grip safety to get "correct."
The gun you show has, like mine, a GM grip safety to go with the spur hammer.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahah i didn't know that but was planning to take it to my smith and have him go through it. Thinking.. maybe i should leave well enough alone. I didn't even get it yet so i guess I'll chill and see..

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcons x 3 + 1 Shiney Heinie all 45 acp
4,989 Posts
Nice win!

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
I would contact the Colt custom shop. I'm sure they have done a few hammer changes and might have the hammer you want is a spare parts drawer somewhere.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would contact the Colt custom shop. I'm sure they have done a few hammer changes and might have the hammer you want is a spare parts drawer somewhere.
Thanks, i'll remember that. I'm going to show it to my smith this week. Ill get it sorted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts