I Need Help. Old Frame or very cheap 1911

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Integrity Arms, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    So, I have a new checkering/front strap jig for my milling machine and I am in need of an old broken down frame, or a very cheap pistol for a test subject. I know I can get a Foster, but thought I'd check with someone on here first. Only requirement is that front strap is unfinished. Oh, and as cheap as possible please as it will just be a tester project.

Thanks, if all works with this I will be able to do multiple types of front strap treatments.

Bro. Pappaw likes this.
  2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I haven’t bought one yet, but I’m planning on buying a few frames to ptractice checkering.
    What I am going to to is buy a few 80% frames. You can find blemished frames for as little as $65

3. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Where at? I just ended up with a fixture for my Mill to do checkering and other front strap designs Foster frames are about a hundred fifty. They're supposed to be Caspian blemishes I found some as cheap as $100 but not as cheap as 65 LOL I could get in that cheap I buy three or four that way I can practice more than one design. 80% frames do not have to be shipped to an FFL correct?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  4. Bender

Aug 15, 2011
    Correct,....until finished an 80% frame is a paperweight.

Google can be your friend.

I’m not at home, don’t have access to my notes. I looked a few months ago, might have been Tactical Machine. They had frames listed for about $100. I called and explained what I was looking for and I only needed the front strap to be decent. Was told they had some they would sell for $65....ish

Steve Owens likes this.
  5. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Cool yeah found the ones for $100

6. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    @Bender those blemished 80% frames are back in stock at stealth arms. No time like the present.. Was you going to try your hand at some hand checkering?

7. Shocker2000

Shocker2000 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Steve Owens likes this.
  8. Bender

Aug 15, 2011
    I do believe so Sir. Last time I inquired, I sent an e-mail and they had some blemished frames that were not listed on the site.

9. Mini Me

Mini Me Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Which jig did you go with?

10. Bender

Aug 15, 2011
    Haven’t picked up a checkering jig yet

11. Integrity Arms

Mar 20, 2017
    Just talked to Tim at stealth arms sending me some pics of some frames. Looks as if I might get 2-3 to have plenty of a palate to practice on.. Rail cutting, front strap checkering Vis cuts, etc... made it sound like I could get a real good deal if I got 3 or more. @Bender thanks for your help on this.. Much Appreciated.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted