1911 Firearm Addicts banner

I think I'm done!

Tags
sawman556
3K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  Maddogkiller 
#1 ·
With exactly 6237 rounds downrange, I think I’m done messing with the DW 9mm Guardian I picked up last May. In that time I have only had 2 malfunctions which I believe was due to limp wristing while playing with a 13lb. recoil spring. I trust this gat 100% and it rides behind my hip in a Milt Sparks SS2 daily. I own 34 Metalform Springfield style 9 round magazines I picked up from Greg Cote just for this pistol. My projectiles of choice are standard pressure 147gr. Federal HST’s which function perfectly and perform quite well in killing berm mud!

I spent a lot of time researching and playing with trigger parts. Crashing and burning a bunch of times I finally got in dialed in with the perfect amount of pre-travel and over-travel for concealed carry with a glass rod break right at 4.5lbs. I must have taken this gun apart a few thousand times. Even though quite frustrating at times, the learning experience was huge for me. I have plenty more to learn and will eventually do a complete build.
I had so much fun with this, I picked up another slightly used 9mm Guardian from Steve Owens and will be setting it up exactly the same. One is none, two is one and all that!
Have a great day guys and gals!

-Harrison hammer
-Harrison gunsmith sear stoned at .404 on TR jig
-EGW disconnector
-Harrison trigger
-Colt sear spring
-Wolff 12lb. recoil spring
-Wolff 21lb. main spring
-Wolff XP firing pin spring
-Harrison firing pin
-Harrison 9mm firing pin stop
-Ed Brown sights
-Challis SS bushings
-Houge slotted grip screws
-Wood Caliber Gaboon ebony grips
-4.5lb. trigger pull

See less See more
#8 ·
I like the way you made it your own... Guardians are a fantastic starting point that can stay that way or form to the shooter.

#9 ·
I still drool over your picture with all you mags. I look forward to getting that level of comfort tuning and honing in a 1911.
It is an extra push in that direction each time I read about the trials and errors in this forum. Well done. I see the journey is more rewarding than the finish. That too is exciting.

#18 ·
Grips look awesome and this is one of my favorite guns of all time - my buddy runs one in IDPA and it has never failed and he runs aluminum and steel ammo !
I have one in 38 super and got a 9mm barrel and recoil spring to go with it - I run 9mm etm and 38 super 10 rounders and never had any feed issues

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.