1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Just outsided the realm of Crazy!
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 92fs is out of my price range at the moment. Was considering the Taurus PT92 as an alternative. Anyone own one and want to share your experiences? It's not going to be a carry piece. More of a bedside and range toy.

Reactions: villdetwink

·
Registered
603 Posts
Not sure where you’re located, but Beretta 92’s are prevalent at the local pawn shops here. Police trade ins go for for $350 up to about $450. Lightly used M9’s go for about 500. 92FS about $450.

Just look around. I’m partial to the flat dust cover 92’s and the M9.

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm starting to get that! Plus, I think I'll regret it later as I will still want a Beretta.:roflmaro::roll:

·
Deo Volente
7,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Save up, Get the real deal, if possible hold out for one of the new 92x centurion or compacts
They have dove tailed sights, And the D spring (main spring) Then polish the hammer strut, hammer pin, Trigger bar, and trigger pin with flitz, convert to the G (Decker,)

Enjoy & shoot away

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Based on my personal experience w/Taurus, I wouldn't buy one on a bet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My first pistol was an early Taurus PT-99 and it is surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot. Never had a problem. I’ve had several Berettas and can’t say they shot any better than my Taurus, but fit and finish are much better. It’s a bit sad to see Berettas 92s take such big hit on the used market which makes it a no brainer. Save for the Beretta. I picked up my last Italian 92 for a paltry $300 in new condition at the LGS. They can’t give away a 96!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It's funny - I had a guy begging me to sell him my Beretta 96 Compact Inox about 6 years ago. He finally offered me enough that I sold it. My only regret was that it was one of the best training guns I'd ever had - pretty much anyone that picked it up was dead-on accurate with it, and for some reason the recoil seemed less with it (one of my major dislikes for the .40 cal cartridge). I miss it a little from time to time, but it would've been the only .40 cal in my collection, so it made sense to sell it.

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Take that deal, it's a steal, I have both the 92A1 and their compact, had a cosmetic issue with the compact and Beretta sent out a brand new gun.
I am seriously thinking about doing it. Seems there's a lot of enablers pushing to the Beretta!:roflmaro::roflmaro:

·
Registered
166 Posts
MrTeachAkidAlesson on the Beretta forum has a connection and he will quote you a price for brand new one. I'm in California so, mine cost a little more but the m9 was $460 and the 92fs $485.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,234 Posts
You're not saving anything buying a Taurus and as long as you own it you'll still want the Beretta. Buy the real thing, there are some wicked good deals out there on low mileage examples.

And, Raylan Givens is telling the truth, his 92 action is slick, best I've ever felt.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts