1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this may be stupid to post as I’m broke but...I want back in! Sold my Garthwaite to a member here. I have some plastic guns and a J frame. All good pieces but I need a 1911 in my life. Even if it’s not what I always carry it’ll get carried a decent amount and see maybe 1500rds a year depending on caliber.

I can’t go big, idk if I can go at all.

So far I’m thinking;

DW Vigil Govt 9mm

Colt Wiley Clapp and swap a couple parts

Colt Gunsight

DW Valor used

Buy a Colt Classic and wait a long ass time to send it in and have fun now with hammer bite

Thoughts?!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The vigil govt being lwt would make a slight ease for carry.
All of your other candidates are sweet options and would serve well till the time of a project development, if you are open to an additional thought How about a DW govt A2?

Pm sent

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m not into the arched MSH and would like some front strap treatment but the Colt Classic is without treatment too so hmmmmm maybe.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
A bunch of enablers here, Colt Classic, Colt WC, DW A2, any of the colt Level I, II, or IIIs
Maybe a shout out to, S Owens, or Karl B, and see if they have anything bouncing around?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Bang for the buck, it is really hard to beat a used DW Valor in 9mm or 45.

If you are fine sticking to 45, I also have a sweet spot for Colt's Wiley Clapp models.

A Colt CCG or level 1 might also work well for you and make good custom base's later on that wont bite you now

Lastly, I've been pretty impressed with every Springfield Range Officer I've fondled. The triggers are meh, but the lines are straight and the slide to frame fit is very good.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lots of great options here. More than I thought. I did just see Karl has a Series 80 that has some surface patina but has a BTGS already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I have a few 1911s I'm looking to move that might interest you:

1. Colt Government 38 Super TALO Model 02991GR. 1 of 300 I think, serial number is 16. New in box unfired.

2. Colt Government 45 from 1968. Worked over by Tim Cronin from Elkhorn Precision. All internals upgraded, but kept retro.

3. Les Baer UTC in 9mm. Had the rear and front sights replaced to Trijicon white outline and a u-notch rear.

·
Registered
652 Posts
A little more clarity on the exact features and price range you're looking for, and what are dealbreakers, will help get what you're looking for from this thread.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts