1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
The M60 aftermath...

AC7E7292-0751-442C-B206-613B8A83E2DF.jpeg

Trying to imagine it in .338... you’re right Bob... dang.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,326 Posts
OK, lets get it out there that I'm old. I just turned 50 on Tuesday. But if I was going to go belt fed...it would be an M-60.

Reactions: UBOATDOC

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,009 Posts
I don’t need to own one, just be able to shoot one whenever I feel like it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
OK, lets get it out there that I'm old. I just turned 50 on Tuesday. But if I was going to go belt fed...it would be an M-60.
I hear ya... right there with you in the "old" age band. It seems there are diametrically opposed factors (weight/recoil and age) that impact shooting enjoyment. Typically the older one gets the more weight and recoil impact accuracy and enjoyment of shooting rifles.

In the case of the M-60 the weight tames the recoil and interestingly enough, a fully auto 7.62 has less perceived recoil than a .308 Win through a bolt rifle-- multiplied by the same number of rounds.

At 55 I can still shoulder the M-60, but it ain't easy and I'm definitely not doing any Rambo one handed shooting! But laying prone with a bipod... nothing like it and I can do that when I'm 80...

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
It would suck to be on the receiving end of that.

But owning one wouldn’t matter. If I got one given to me free the ammo is too expensive to shoot unless you are funded by the US taxpayers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
But owning one wouldn’t matter. If I got one given to me free the ammo is too expensive to shoot unless you are funded by the US taxpayers.
Yep. That is very true. 5 of us went in on ammo, including 500 rounds of tracers. At the end of the day we decided we might put the Dillon presses to work and enlist slave labor from the kids to relink it all... being a 1911 Addict is more cost effective in the long run I suspect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts