I will not comply...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fatbaldguy, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Grizz

Grizz Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2016
    I was out of work for a week and feeling it for more than a 2 months

Cbzr1107, wrmiller and AGENT P like this.
  2. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    I wish the best to you folks that have actually done it. Must be hell. I don’t have the luxury. I hope you guys find some groups to help with the isolation. Wait. Isolation means no groups. Crap. Hold on a sec...I know a cool website that you can go to. Wait, never mind. You’re already here. Cheers @Scaramouche! Have a glass of grape juice for me.

FWoo45, Fred_G, fatbaldguy and 3 others like this.

3. Paul Dolan

Paul Dolan Member

Feb 3, 2019
    Spot on. Using a fabric mask to block a virus is like trying to block mosquitoes with a chain-link fence. This whole scamdemic was designed to break the Trump economy, and subjugate the masses.

livinthelife and Fred_G like this.
  4. Paul Dolan

Paul Dolan Member

Feb 3, 2019

5. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Time to bring this cherade to an end

1L26 and boatdoc like this.
  6. *Double Diamond Colt*

*Double Diamond Colt* Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2020
    Aw heck If you can smell a fart through underwear and jeans a cloth mask saving you from a virus doesn't make sense to me .
    Want to avoid the Virus avoid other people at all costs . I caught my limit of trout every morning as the sun came up for 3 months when this started to avoid going to the food store .
    Feed myself till it got too hot .
    I do landscaping and tree work so Im outside all day and don't have to interact with people other than to get gas for the equipment at which point I take my microfiber towel soaked with Alcohol that I keep in a Ziplock inside all my trucks and wipe EVERYTHING OFF . Hands steering wheel, phone .
    Having to take a mask on and off all day just causes you to touch your face way more then necessary and put yourself at more risk IMO

FWoo45 and boatdoc like this.
  7. Linda Dische

Linda Dische New Member

Jun 23, 2020
    Every time I read this about my rights and not wearing a mask makes me realize how this country got to where it is. If people don’t want to wear it to protect themselves they should at least about others. If we all did that a lot of the other problems in America might just get better.

isialk likes this.
  8. Flight Medic

Flight Medic Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2018
    /\THIS/\...and we all WILL get it eventually.

I stopped complying a while back. At first I had a few mask-Nazis who felt compelled to share their ignorant opinions with me, but I found once I started open-carrying my sidearm, the amount of misguided "do-gooders" willing to confront me quickly diminished...to ZERO. It HAS limited my my patronage to several local businesses, but at this point its a hill on which I'm willing to die (figuratively). What truly breaks my heart is seeing all the children forced to wear masks. Shameful.

9. OldCuz

OldCuz Raleigh NC Supporting Addict

Mar 22, 2020
    ^^ Lol, same here. I started to open carry about the time it was made mandatory here to wear a mask. Not once have I been turned away or told to put a mask on. And I get treated very well everywhere I go.

10. Dwesson1911

Dwesson1911 Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Haven't "Complied" Since day one. Over 60 and Healthy. Imagine that! Where I work, we don't wear them and Do Not Require Customers to. Freedom 1st. Lot's of "Sheep" out there though. The Weirdest thing I see is people driving down the road, alone in the Vehicle, with a mask on! :O

11. Ted A Mc

Ted A Mc Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2019
    I work on a hemp farm with just a few others people so I don't wear a mask except lately due to the smoke from the wild fires. I have a sore throat from the smoke. I am so sick of the mask ****. The shut donws and mask mandate is beyond ridiculous. If any of you are on twitter, Haver The Hemp Farm is a good patriotic guy to follow LOL.

Dwesson1911 likes this.
  12. Dwesson1911

Dwesson1911 Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Let Me say this: My Faith in God is all I need. No Masks, No Vaccinations, Just Faith.
    Never had a Flu Shot. Never will. Rarely get sick, period.

13. Tom RKBA

Tom RKBA Member

Dec 29, 2019
    While true, masks are incorrectly worn and handled by 99% of the population. They are a feel good measure for the majority of the population where they get to “do something”.

The people who should wear masks are:

1) Medical personnel (N95 with additional PPE) and people who come into close contact for long periods with vulnerable people.
    2) People who think they have COVID-19 or have been exposed to it and have to go into public.
    3) People who have COVID-19 and are out in public.

Joe or Jane on the street, at work, etc do not need masks. Servers at restaurants do not need masks, nor do workers at the grocery store. They are not in close contact for long periods.

Wearing the mask incorrectly negates the protection for yourself and others. Contamination of the mask is very easy and wearing it properly requires fitting and discipline. Most lack this discipline. A surgical mask reduces spread a little bit (droplets go out the sides) and a cloth mask does nothing. Either they use an N95 with proper handling discipline or don’t bother. Wearing your surgical mask on your neck, arm, or with your nose out means nothing is stopped and the mask is compromised.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    *Double Diamond Colt* likes this.
  14. *Double Diamond Colt*

Jan 15, 2020
    Agreed brother No body injecting me with any so call Flu Shot . I also don't do seat belts or Car seats and keep my faith in God

15. *Double Diamond Colt*

Jan 15, 2020
    Agreed It may be possible to do a lot of jobs with a Mask but mine is not one of them. Heavy strenuous work where you are breathing hard makes a mask impossible to deal with especially in hot humid weather .

Avoid close contact and wipe everything anyone may have touched off with an alcohol rag , GasPump Drinks and anything packaged from the store . Then keep your hands wiped off especially after handling money

16. Len

Len New Member

Sep 7, 2020

17. Len

Len New Member

Sep 7, 2020
    My friend, why do not feel the same about wearing your seat belt? The seat belt protects only you, no one else, as wearing a mask protects me from other people who might not have symptoms, but are positive-not aware of it and can transmit Covid to people who could get sick and yes, even die. This is not political and not a hoax. I am a staunch second amendment guy and love my firearms. You might want to rethink this as we are all in it together.

18. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    You wearing a mask protects you?

1911_Bandit likes this.
  19. *Double Diamond Colt*

Jan 15, 2020
    I mean no disrespect Im just not into the government trying to save me from myself as far as seat belts are concerned .
    Imo if you are forced to wear a seat belt you pretty much should ban motorcycles altogether . Heck here in Pa motorcycle riders don't even have to wear a helmet . I just feel its all about money and being able to fine you for something . The govt doesn't care about our safety just the money they can get from acting like they do LOL
    As far as masks go I keep at least double the 6ft distance at all times and flat out believe that pulling a mask on and off all day to try and do my job induces more germs in my facial area and dose more harm than good in my field of work .

I do landscaping and tree work and in 90degree heat I cant drag brush to a chipper or load wood with a mask on and riding a zero turn mower with a mask on other to protect me when it is dry and dusty is just not necessary as I am a great distance from anyone .

livinthelife likes this.
  20. MDshoots

MDshoots Member

Jan 31, 2015
    God forgive me, but I know this is going to be unpopular here. For what it's worth, I'm very conservative, anti-antifa, anti-Biden, anti-left wing extremists, and a huge pro 2nd Ammendment guy. Having said that, my 50 yo brother died in Nanjing China at the end of January this year, right when all of the COVID stuff was getting started, but before it hit the US. I flew to China on a 777 with 13 passengers on board, and while I was there all of the US airline started cancelling flights to China.
    China was eerie, streets empty, everything, EVERYTHING, closed, but I thought no big deal, I'm an ER doctor, and I know how to stay safe. Besides, I was an ER doctor when SARS and MERS hit, and we say almost none of it in the US, so I thought that COVID would never hit the US. Picked up my brother's remains, had him cremated, tried to take care of his assets in China without much success, brought him home, did my 2 weeks of quarantine, and went back to work in the ER. And then it hit the US.
    I don't know where it came from, don't know (but strongly suspect) if the Chinese produced the virus, but started seeing people dying of it. People who never would have died of the flu. Sure, lots of elderly die of the flu, and the occasional child/young person, no question. And no question that the mortality numbers have been bloated by politics. But I've seen people die who had no business dying. I haven't seen my mother since before I left to pick up my brother, She's high risk, 84 yo, COPD, and I'm high risk, ER doctor, seeing COVID patients with some regularity.
    I wear a mask, in stores, restaurants, at Lowe's...Not to protect me, but to protect you FROM me. Just seems like the right thing to do. Would have a hard time living with myself if I infected someone who ended up dying from it. And some people do die from it...
    That's my perspective. Fire away!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted